cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

contacting help

I have had an intermittent broadband fault since 23 May - more than 20 days ago.

I contacted Bt faults, but can't connect with them again. How do I email or call their fault lines?

Yours in frustration

Graham

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: contacting help

@graham747 

Is the fault strickly with your ADSL or is there any issue with the phone line?

IE do you have noise on the line?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

It is only an ADSL fault.

Phone lines work OK.

How do you contact BT help when they won't answer the phone?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @graham747,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with your connection. The quickest way to get in touch with the faults team is to call them on 0800 111 4567. 

If you would like the Community to help you with your connection, please could you post a few more details about the problem? It would also be helpful if you could post your router stats as this will help to give an indication of how the connection is and what can be done to improve things.

You can find out more here -Top Tips to get help on the forum

Thanks

PaddyB

Message 5 of 8

I've tried that number several times but it seems to be an entertainment site - long music on hold sessions and occasional recorded messages. that's why I would like to contact the help desk by email.

The router is mostly showing a blue light, but occasionally flashed orange.

average adsl speed is 0.9 g/s over the last 10 measurements. But often I can't get a measurement because the line is down.

we are adsl, five miles from the exchange. There seems no hope in getting fibre to this postcode CM6xxx.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@graham747 

I would recommend if possible removing ur postcode, but that maybe too late now as the message may have locked.

I had a look on https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/

I don't know which property is yours (and I don't want you to post on here which it is) but the 3 I checked at random all have up to 1Mbps ADSL download speeds.  You must be far from the exchange. 

I assume from the post the connection keeps dropping? 

EDIT: I have also sent you a Private Message.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

fault resolution

I've had an intermittent broadband fault first reported on 23may.

That's 27 days ago.

BT promised to send an engineer round between 8 and 12 this morning, so I waited, and waited.

I'm obviously not important enough for BT to fix my fault.

I have had two engineers visits since 23 May. No resolution.

I'm getting bored listening to music on hold on BT's fault line.

What's the best way of contacting them?

0 Ratings