Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: crashing connection

Go to solution

I don't have a microfilter as its the faceplate with 2 sockets - do I just plug the hub striaght into the test socket ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

@selector wrote:

I don't have a microfilter as its the faceplate with 2 sockets - do I just plug the hub striaght into the test socket ?

That will not work, as its the wrong size.

You should have a couple of microfilters that came with the home hub.

You may also find that unclipping the front section, the putting it back on again, making sure its really pushed in tight and secure, fixes the problem. Its been reported before that they often make a poor connection.

Really you need a microfilter to eliminate the possibility of a faulty faceplate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution
I have no microfilters - I was told I didn't need them when the mastersocket was installed Maybe I can borrow one fro a neighbour .... How come I can make it work by using the telephone though ???
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

The microfilter would plug into the test socket, and as two outlets, one for the home hub, and one for the phone, just like your master socket has.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

I have obtained a filter, taken out the face plate and it is exactly the same

I can only get about 1-2mins connection if I use the phone first

Help !!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

It does sound like a high resistance line fault, on just one wire of the pair, as you say you have no other phone wiring or extension wiring.

Just to prove its not a problem with the home hub, try a factory reset of the home hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

well - strangely, I've been out for a few hours and since last replying to you apparently, I am told by the family, there has been no disonnect!

Could it be the replaced filter directly into the test socket is the solution ? If so how do I go about getting another faceplate for the socket ?

I dare not do a factory reset seeing as everything seems to be ok - the kids would never forgive me !!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

Its more likely to be a poor connection between the faceplate and the test socket. I am sure this issue has been mentioned before. Plugging the phone in, simply pushed it in tighter, check the side clips.

See this thread, especially the post by Starwire.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

If master socket was replaced recently by openreach then phone 151 and complain socket faulty. Alternatively you can buy a new socket/faceplate from the well known auction site

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

@imjolly 

starwire says its a known issue with these master socket, so changing it may not help.

0 Ratings