cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: download speed halved.

Hi @Alex_7753,

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry to see that your broadband speed is slower again.  There looks to be an underlying issue here so if you send your details in we'll pick this up and have a closer look.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Alex_7753
Contributor
Message 22 of 29

Pm sent^

Honestly getting fed up with BT support now, 3 times I have called and been told a DLM reset will be done within 2 hours. Then nothing 24hours later. 

Engineer has has been put and fixed fault, line is still capped to 288Kbps down due to previous fault. All I need is a reset to bring everything back up to normal with a latency type of FAST and reset noise margin. They keep wanting to sent engineers out to check my equipment? There is nothing wrong with it at all the previous engineer even took a quick look to double check.

All I need is a line reset to get rid of this 288 rubbish and get things moving again, it’s beginning to affect independent CAD modelling jobs I am trying to do for people because I can’t upload any work or get sent any reference material because the speeds are pretty much dial up....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 29

@Alex_7753 

You need to wait until a moderator picks up your case.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 29

has your connection although banded actually remained stable since engineer fixed the fault

as you have found getting helpdesk to reset your connection is just kike you switching off and on   it is not a reset that will reset your noise margin   as I said previously unless your line is stable any noise margin reset is pointless if your line is not stable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Alex_7753
Contributor
Message 25 of 29

Line has been stable since the engineer fixed the fault, only dropped once and that was due to the help desk apparently ‘resetting it’ other than that seems to be fine just the fact that the download speed is 288Kbps with a noise margin of 24dB.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Hi Alex_7753, thanks for sending over your details and sorry that we are a bit behind at the moment. Rest assured that one of the team will be in touch as soon as you get to the top of the queue.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Alex_7753
Contributor
Message 27 of 29

Thank you, I am working over the weekend but have left my mobile number in the message and should be contactable most of the time (delivery driver so may be driving)
0 Ratings
Alex_7753
Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Sorry, one last update. Had another engineer come out this morning, do some tests etc and reset the noise margin to a suitable level, all working fine for now. will wait and see how it goes. Should I pop the mods another message to let them know its sorted

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Hi @Alex_7753,

Thanks for letting us know that the fault has now been fixed. 

I will close down your private message but if you have any problems with your connection again please let us know.

Cheers

Matt

0 Ratings