Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ollie44
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

hub 4 detailed connection stats??

Hello

Got my new hub 4 , all plugged in and working .However I can only get basic connection stats such as upload/download speed and time.
Where are detailed stats that I had with my hub 3??

Cheers
Oliver
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: hub 4 detailed connection stats??

there are no detailed stats on the HH4  see here  http://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/Ask-the-Experts-Live-Chat-Home-Hub-4/m-p/887544#M125

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ollie44
Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Oh!! So cannot tell now if my noise is too high 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

you can find your nose margin in the router logs but they are only shown at any connection or disconnection
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 26

You can find the noise margin in the logs when router connected to internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
FiXXXeR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 26

I read the parts of the linked chat thread regarding disabling the noise/attenuation stats, and the reasoning for leaving it out does not make sense at all. Users are not going to lose sleep over extra technical information in the "Advanced" section - they know it's there for techincal support if they need it.

Heck, you could even completely hide it by not having a clickable link anywhere and only tell people about the HomeHub "special" link on the forums or BT support - then people won't get confused if they click where they shouldn't.

There are plenty of posts on these forums from people with older HomeHubs where they copy their stat page and people on the forum are able to easily identify what is going wrong (noise margin, etc). Easy for everyone! It is now made much more difficult to dig through logs to find this information now, even for a competent user like myself (I'm a software engineer) who isn't a fan of digging through logs if I can help it.

I think this really needs to be reconsidered in future firmware versions because - in my opinion - it is insane to completely disable something like this. It certainly wasted a lot of my time looking for it when I expected it to be there.

Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 26

well said there have been a lot of comments about the loss of the stats
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

@FiXXXeR wrote:

Heck, you could even completely hide it by not having a clickable link anywhere and only tell people about the HomeHub "special" link on the forums or BT support - then people won't get confused if they click where they shouldn't.

Obviously if you read the 'chat' you can see that I agree with your comments but you need to make access obvious as hiding it would not serve any purpose.  Any 'hidden link would be available to all the first time it was posted on the forum as the links are almost immediately picked up by google and included in theire search results.

BT should just make stats available to all again like previous HH and make sure the HH5 has stats available

0 Ratings
ollie44
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

totally agree , v short sighted , or maybe intentional to stop people like me pestering technical services with issues about noise being too high. Yes im always suspicious!

0 Ratings
FiXXXeR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

@imjolly wrote:

@FiXXXeR wrote:

Obviously if you read the 'chat' you can see that I agree with your comments but you need to make access obvious as hiding it would not serve any purpose.  Any 'hidden link would be available to all the first time it was posted on the forum as the links are almost immediately picked up by google and included in theire search results.

BT should just make stats available to all again like previous HH and make sure the HH5 has stats available

I'm just baffled as to where this line of thinking even came from in the first place (to remove it altogether). I can't imagine a user complaining that they don't know what all these random numbers are and it's causing them distress, and even if they did would you listen to someone like that but ignore all the people who actually find it an invaluable tool for diagnosing a problem?

0 Ratings