cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

hub dropping broadband

what is wrong with bt broadband

worked ok when I changed to a open reach modem and a bt hub 3. no problems, when first available.

work ok when modem and hub 3 was replaced with a smart modem. no problems (started june 2019)

then because of noise on landline line , connection in exchange moved because of local aldi store build.

now the broadband connection drops about 3 times after initial connection.

So what has changed at bt end. Is the problem down to service demand???

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: hub dropping broadband

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Quiet line test is OK.

Stats are :-

Connection status,Connected
Connection type,Fibre Broadband (VDSL)
Firmware version,v0.21.03.07094-BT (Thu Jul 9 17:43:55 2020)
Serial number,+091298+1904024277
Downstream sync speed,55.1 Mbps
Upstream sync speed,14.1 Mbps
Network uptime,6 days 18 Hours 44 Mins 41 Secs
System uptime,6 days 18 Hours 46 Mins 19 Secs
BT Wi-fi status, Not active

Problem of the broadband disconnecting appears to happen when first connecting PC to Hub. That is 3 or 4 attempts have to be made over a 5 min period before broadband stays connected. This is why I asked is it down to demand, or could it be that the Hub as to be woken up ??.

The Smart Hub 2 replaces the modem and hub that was used for Infinity.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If disconnection only happen when you connect pc to hub have you tried replacing Ethernet cable?  Have you tried changing LAN portion hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hello imjolly,

Could you please clarify, what is meant by '.....ethernet cable'  and '...LAN portion hub'  ???

This is because I have always used wifi to connect to a single Hub with no disconnection problems over a 10 year period. I thought the idea of a HUB was to use wifi connection to get rid of unwanted cables !!!!???

I only use a PC to hub cat5/6 connection cable to carry out a line speed test.

0 Ratings