Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cairnsey08
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

internet keeps dropping hub 4 flashes orange then turns blue and repeats

Hi I am new to this fourm 

I have recently have been having problems with my internet, at the moment I am struggling to post this message !, I have been in contact with BT and they have sent my a replacement hub but no difference, 

My problem is the hub keeps dropping internet for 5 to 10 mins then reconnects and works for about 1 minute, the home hub flashes orange then turns blue, I have tried the test socket but no difference, nots not a wifi issue as i tried a ethernet cable and still the same, I am very fustrated as I am a power user when it comes to using the internet. 

Any help would be much appricated 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: internet keeps dropping hub 4 flashes orange then turns blue and repeats

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband
in the call are you connected to the test socket using a new filter
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down.

This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You
0 Ratings
cairnsey08
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi 

I have carried out the quiet line test and no fault, I cannot find what you are looking for in my logs but I have screen printed some of my event logs, here are also all the rest of the tests,

if you need further information will try and find it for you, thanks, I hope you can help me 2016-08-28.png2016-08-28 (2).png

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
cairnsey08
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi again

I have found the hub stats in my log here is it screenshoted 2016-08-28 (3).png

0 Ratings