cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Argyll1
Message 1 of 10

ip profile set to 2.09Mbps

hi,

i have been upgraded today from standard BT broadband to faster broadband. i was informed i should get 15Mbps max 8Mps guaranteed Min. i ran a speed check and the my speed hasn't  changed from the 2Mbps i was originally getting. i checked with BTW and it says this:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1.46 Mbps-2.09 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 2.09 Mbps

i called BT, was on hold for an hour and when i spoke to the Indian chap who answered about my problem he hung up on me. needless to say im angry about that.

is there any mod who can fix this issue for me?

here's my adsl stuff:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ62121729

Firmware version:

SG4B100021EC

Firmware updated:

12/05/16

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 53 Minutes 12 Seconds

Data rate:

519 bps / 2.16 kbps

Maximum data rate:

519 / 2157

Noise margin:

6.5 / 6.6

Line attenuation:

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

24 MB Uploaded / 89 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

Skynet T1000

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

Skynet T1000

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Band steering:

Off

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

90:4D:4A:19:78:3C

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: ip profile set to 2.09Mbps

you have been upgraded and are on adsl2.  with your attenuation I would expect from a good line with no noise about 6/7mb

are you using the test socket with a new filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Argyll1
Message 3 of 10

yes im using a brand new filter straight from the box and plugged into the test socket. im wandering if they have forgot to upgrade my ip profile when they upgraded me to bt faster broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

your modulation certainly shows you have been upgraded from adslmax to adsl2.  your profile is 88.2% of your connection speed not the other way round so to get a higher profile you need a faster connection speed

you up speed is higher than adslmax max of 448kbps also confirming upgrade

if nte5 are you conencted to test socket  test socket.jpg

if you have a SSFP the test socket is shown by black arrow

test-socket-thumb.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Argyll1
Message 5 of 10

yes im on the NTE5 connected to the test socket behind the faceplate. am i understanding you correctly that i wont be able to get faster speeds even if they give me a higher profile?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

as I said the profile is based on the connection speed so to get a higher profile you need to get a faster connection speed.

if you have extension sockets have you check that there is no dial tone when you are using test socket?

0 Ratings
Argyll1
Message 7 of 10

ah i see that now. i have no extentions in my property. i was supposed to get the faster line in today but im still getting the same speed as before and im paying extra for it. im trying to understand that if they put me on the faster broadband, why am i still getting the same speed? they said the Mbps would go higher if i took out the new package so im starting to think i have been told fibs for a sale Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

with your attenuation you would probably see a small increase depanding on the speed you had on adslmax  - i would expect a speed of about 5.5mb when adslmax and not on adsl2 about 6/7mb

were you getting 5mb+ before

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings
Argyll1
Message 9 of 10

no i was getting 2Mbps before and i have stayed the same since upgrading.Bt told me it would increase to 8Mbps Min Guarenteed. apparently.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 17.21.49.png 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

as you can see from the checker the estimate for adslmax is about 3.5mb and for adsl2 about 4mb but from your 46/47db attenuation I would hope for 7/8mb conenction speed on a good line with no noise

you als have fibre conenction available on faster broadband with speed range 8/5mb - not that much faster 

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

0 Ratings