cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: limited broad band speed

Thanks, this is odd. Neighbour has cabinet!

Telephone Number 01387xxxxxxx on Exchange DUMFRIES is served by Cabinet 18
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean)

For VDSL Range A the term "Clean" is a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.VDSL Range B (Impacted)

For VDSL Range B the term "Impacted" is a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.
69.948.21811.841.8Available----
67.142.217.510.134.8Available----
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33030--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 12--7 to 17AvailableAvailableYes
Up to 12Up to 17 to 17AvailableAvailableYes
Up to 6.5--5.5 to 8AvailableAvailable--
2----AvailableAvailableYes
2----Available----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2020-04-27
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
01-05-2020

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Jan 2013. the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

And similar with other neighbour. They have cabinet 18. (And grand speeds)

And I got them up by looking at telephone numbers which I couldn't do for mine....and then I had to get it via address...

What does this now mean. Help?!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

That would explain why you cannot get fibre and your neighbours can. Once you get your line connected then try the checker again as that may give a similar result to your neighbours which would then enable you to upgrade to fibre

openreach will not move you to a cabinet just to improve your broadband connection

just need to wait until your new BT connection is up and running 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 29

Thanks. That’s very helpful. 
so I’ve taken a new contract with BT and the kit will arrive end of May. Is the suggestion that I wait till I get it and then try upgrade to a faster connection? But then I’ve committed  for 2 years at 10 MBPS (guarantee of only 2)  so why would them want to invest in hardware?

How should I work on it now? If only I could speak to BT on phone!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

Once you get your BT connection then that will update openreach database  which hopefully will then show you are connected to the same cabinet as your neighbours which in turn will enable you to upgrade to fibre

nothing more you can do until BT connection up and running

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 16 of 29

Thanks so far. I’ve now set up my BT hub and internet (&TV). Get 11 Mbps. Which I guess is the fastest speed my line can cope with.  So how do I get faster speed and request open reach to help improve connections to home?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

If up and running now enter phone number and post results. 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Message 18 of 29

Telephone Number 01387xxxxxx on Exchange DUMFRIES
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 15--11.5 to 18AvailableAvailable--
Up to 15Up to 111.5 to 18AvailableAvailable--
Up to 6.5--5.5 to 8AvailableAvailable--
2----AvailableAvailable--
2----Available----
Other Offerings Availability DateADSL Multicast
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
U
--
--
--

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Jan 2013. the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

Do these numbers mean anything to the cognoscenti?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

the last dslchecker results don't show a cab number so you are conencted direct to exchange and is the reason you cannot get a fibre connection.  before you ask openreach will not move your line just so you can improve your broadband - numerous post on the subject

your speed range is shown as 11.5/18mb.  can you post connection stats from your router

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps with your connection speed

0 Ratings