cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: limited broad band speed

Thanks

yes, I’m in the test socket worth filter. Speed is 15-19 Mbps. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

Typo. With filter. 
getting up to 22.5 Mbps

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

Can you post hub stats?

has moving to test socket improved your connection speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

So....Duh....hub stats?

Its a BT Home Hub 4 -Type A ; if that helps?

and I’ve always been linked to main socket with filter. Had so may call outs by Talk talk that I’ve just left this as it is. 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

If the question is about speed at hub it’s around 12 Mbps. 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Back to the question- how can I not get openreach to upgrade my line to connect to the cabinet to give me the speed my neighbours receive? I'm happy to pay for this upgrade.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

Two possibles, your line is an E/O line, one that is delivered directly from the exchange , if that’s the case it doesn’t go via a cabinet, making Fibre To The Cabinet impossible , or your line is incorrectly recorded as E/O on Openreach database, but in truth does go via the same cabinet as your ‘neighbours’ lines do.

I get the impression that your neighbours are not necessarily that close to you, usually it would be unlikely that near neighbours would be served differently, but in a rural situation that doesn’t necessarily follow, you may refer to a property are neighbouring but is 30, 40, 50 metres or more away 

Message 28 of 29

*now

(typo- instead of not,  in earlier post)

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

thanks

Neighbours are 30 or so metres away. How do I check that the way it is recorded in the database is right?

0 Ratings