cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D21518
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

master socket moved-broadband/phone issues

Bt engineers moved my master socket to a room of my choice when i signed up for the complete bt package tv, telephone &amp; broadband as they confirmed they could do this. they confirmed this in person and on the phone and confirmed that it will not affect rest of all my secondary sockets and they will work as their work will maintain my bt internal circuit. And I will be able to use telephone and broadband with out any issues. I had no telephone at this time to test this up until now.<br><br>I have now plugged in telephone into a secondary bt socket in the house and now none of my secondary sockets work. Also if I plug in a telephone into a secondary outlet my broadband drops and disconnects, however I do get a bad dail tone very bad quality.<br><br>My home is a new build house so the internal wiring is new.Broadband works fine without any telephones plugged in. When a telephone is plugged in broadband does not work neither does the secondary socket.<br>I believe the activation of the master socket has not been terminated properly from orginal location where there was a blanking plate, therefore creating this problem for me.<br><br>Does anyone have any suggestions or advise on how to tactical this problem.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: master socket moved-broadband/phone issues

Is your new master an NTE5 or SSFP. If NTE5 then you need to use filters in your other phone sockets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
D21518
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

How can I tell the difference? I don't think I need micro filters as I only have a telephone cabled plugged directly from the master socket to bt hub 5 device.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Wfibre SSFP.jpg

look like this?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
D21518
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Yes i have the same as the picture above.

That is the only telephone point in the house that works at the same time as the broadband.

If i plug a telephone into a secondary port in the house the broadband connection drops off. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Are there any cables attached to the back of the bottom half - you need to remove the 2screws

D21518
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

I will post a picture when i'm back home. thank you 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Your extension sockets should be conencted to terminals 2&5 on the back of the bottom plate

0 Ratings
Highlighted
D21518
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

can you see anything from the pictures above? is this how a master socket should be terminated? 

0 Ratings
D21518
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Mastersocket.PNG

0 Ratings