cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug639
Message 1 of 4

open reach problems

8 days ago, the broadband light showed solid orange. Lots of amazing stories from BT - at one point they were trying to convince me that I did not have a BT contract! Eventually BT announced that open reach had been upgrading the exchange just before the problem started. Apparently this absolves BT of all responsibility. Open reach have been at the green box yesterday and today - nothing doing. BT have promised a “”update “ on Friday. Any suggestions? Thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: open reach problems

Do you have a dial tone on your phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Doug639
Message 3 of 4

Yes, the phone line is working. I messengered BT last night and got a call back. I'm now advised that the broadband loss is due to an accounting error by BT. Actually, the chap last night seemed quite plausible; however, this is about the 5th explanation in 9 days!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if you don't make any progress in couple of days then post back and can see if forum mods can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings