cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 30

Re: "Unlimited" BT Broadband - Download speeds locked at speeds of 15kbps!

your conenction is not being throtled but you do have a line noise problem which when errors get to much for the line the conenction drops with lower speed and higher noise margin in an attempt to stablise your line and maintain connection. this results in a low connection speed, low ip profile and dialup throughput speed.

if none of the connection drops are not due to manual reset and you are conencted to test socket, have tried a new filter, quiet line test is ok and you checked this post for potential interference then you need mod help

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Heligoland
Beginner
Message 22 of 30

Have tried all suggested methods - quiet line test performed by engineer, line tested via test socket - new integrated panel front installed (not to mention several filters previously tried) - thank you for the link and advice.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 30

could you please try the quiet line test your self to ensure that a noise problem has not happened since the engineers visit and post back the result the more information you can post will help us and and the mods if there help is needed
0 Ratings
Heligoland
Beginner
Message 24 of 30

Sure, John. Be happy too. Ran the test. Line was crackly. It's been an intermittent problem right from the start (February 16th). I reported it the first time around. Then the second.  And then the third...

I even (hilariously) reported it to the con man who called up the morning of the engineers visit who was clearly using my customer account information that one of the BT Technical Support people I spoke to about the problem had passed on so that the little swine would know the best time to call and try it on.

I reported that to BT as well. March 6th. Haven't so much as had an acknowledgement of receipt of my email reporting that. Even though what I was reporting is in fact a criminal offence. No acknowledgement. Not even of that.

But BT staff have been more than happy yo lie to my face over the phone and smile whilst doing it. So, at least I have that much.

Did I mention at all at the beginning that I was PO'ed...? 

Let me put it this way to you, John. You sound a reasonable chap and I'm absolutely certain that you genuinely mean well. I'm sorry if I've come across poorly to you. It isn't personal. So far - through no other action other that the fact that lucky old me happens to be a British Telecom Customer - I've been lied to repeatedly, had my customer account details passed on to a third party by a BT Staff member - been ignored and (to cap it all) my internet connection still doesn't work.

Talk about value for money!

I'm  BT Customer, John. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter so much as a tin-foil hat to me what the hell the problem actually is with my line or my broadband connection. It shouldn't have to. That's actually BT's problem. Not the Customers. It's BT's equipment. It's nothing I'm allowed to touch, I don't have access to repair it, I haven't done a single **bleep** thing to damage it in the first place.

I'm simply the Customer. The person actually paying for a service British Telecom simply aren't delivering and the person that matters the least.

Still, on the plus side they are taking the money for it. So I guess everything worked out fine in the end...

Y'know John, I'm a cardiac patient. About a year or so back I had a couple of heart attacks. No big deal, but what that means in practical terms is that I'll be on a cocktail of drugs for teh rest of my life - one of which are Betablockers.

Have you any idea how difficult it is to make a person on beta blockers angry? Seriously - it's **bleep** near impossible. It's like having your heart wrapped in a duvet made out of the wobblier bits of the Vulcan woman from "Enterprise.

Fantastic things, genuinely.  Really. They should make them compulsory for any male over the age of 30. 

And yet - this shoddy disgrace of a company have actually managed quite possibly a medical first.

I, John. I am not. Happy. 

Doubt I'm going to get that fixed, either....

But thank you for giving a rats one way or the other. very decent of you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 30

until the noise on the line is resolved your broadband will not improve you need to call BT Faults on 151 report the noise but do not mention broadband in the call once the noise is rectified your broadband will start to improve
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 30

Also i am a BT customer just as every one else here apart from the Forum Mods who are the only BT presence here
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 27 of 30

@Heligoland wrote:

*snip*

Hi Heligoland,

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having. If you haven't done so already, please fill out the forum john46 linked to at the top of this page and we'll take a look at your issue as soon as we can.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Heligoland
Beginner
Message 28 of 30

Done. Filed the problem. Yesterday.

0 Ratings
Heligoland
Beginner
Message 29 of 30

John46 wrote"Also i am a BT customer just as every one else here..."

And that qualifies our treatment and experiences as customers acceptable, does it, John?

How, exactly...?

As far as I'm aware, when a company advertises a service they claim to be able to provide they have an obligation under British law to actually deliver on that promise. Whatever failings exist with BT's lines and equipment remain the sole responsibility and problem of British Telecom and British Telecom only - not. the. customer.

After all, should fault be found with the customers end of things BT don't hesitate in changing the customer for rectifiying what they deem to be the customers mistake - we, on the other hand, apparently should feel grateful (I can only presume) to be charged full price for the delivery of only half a service for faults not in the slightest of our own making but originating with the company's own equipment.

Assuming ones receiving even as much as half the service originally promised.

The British sense of fair play and stoicism is a truly applaudble thing. Really it is. The fact that British Industry can (time and time again) elect to exploit that simply to earn a buck - no fault on the British publics side, that much is sure - but that it that it is exploited, is an offence.

BT is a multi-million pound industry - it has no genuine business relying of unpaid members of the public such as yourself voluntary offering to trouble shoot BT Customers problems on BT's stead.

That you apparently elect to do this, admirable I'm sure.

But I do not.

I just want the service British Telecom are having the gall to charge me for and for which I am paying, working. 

Which, given the length of time I've been putting up with this and what I've been subjected to solely as a consequence of just trying to get what isn't my actual problem but BT's in the first place, fixed - hardly qualifies as unreasonable.

And I'm reasonably confident whatever regulatory bodies there are currently charged with over-seeing the conduct and treatment afforded members of the public by companies like BT will have little difficulty finding in my favour.

And then there's the matter of how my customer account details happened to fall into the hands of a crook. fairly certain that constitutes something or other...

Still. If you remain in anyway unsure about that, John - we can always put it to the test.

Not unlike your good self - I'm all for obliging others.

Really. You have no idea.

Keep up the sterling work. I can honestly say, I find you quite inspirational.

H

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 30

I came here like you and many others here with problems
which with the help of community members and the forum mods on a few occasions had my problems resolved and decided to stay on and help other from my experiences

BT are not the only provider that have customer forums infact most do as do many other sites the benefit of forums is that in the majority of cases self help resolves many problems any way you now have the help of the forum mod team who will provide you with a personal point of contact and take personal ownership of your problem

as to my comment about being a customer like your self I was trying to ensure you did realise that like others that had also offered there help to you we were not BT employees as some posters feel we maybe 

Good luck with resolving your problem  and I hope your health  remains  stable in the future 

0 Ratings