cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Foxy92
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

"Up to 17Mb" download, receiving 0.5mb.

Hi. I am posting on behalf of my parents. They have moved house and have never really had any issues with BT before. Obviously as they have moved out of the city they aren't expecting speeds like before, but surely more than 0.5?

Anyhow, here is a couple of speedtests, from speedtest.net.

The router is plugged into the master socket.

Wireless (sat 1m away from the router):

Wireless Scorton.png

Wired (1m ethernet cable):

Wired Scorton.png

Looking at the upload speed, it seems like there is something wrong with the download?

Any help would be appreciated, I can't seem to find the "router stats", noise margins etc. People seem to say they are in the event logs in troubleshooting on the router page, but I can't see them.

Regards,

Jack.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
peterh42
Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: "Up to 17Mb" download, receiving 0.5mb.

on the drop down on event log, change to WAN and you should look for the following format :-

20:21:35, 09 Jun.( 2580.720000) DSL noise margin: 23.00 dB upstream, 6.30 dB downstream
20:21:35, 09 Jun.( 2580.640000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 6720 Kbps downstream

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Foxy92
Beginner
Message 4 of 19

Having to wait for parents to return from work for the phone number etc. What's interesting actually is that, the speedtests above were from when I did it in the extension socket. Ive now moved it to the master socket and we get something like this...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4434547741.png

Download has nearly doubled, and upload has decreased a lot.

I'll do the other tests shortly.

Thanks for the replies, I'll get back to you soon.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

are you using the master or can you use the test socket?  test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Foxy92
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

Thanks for the reply again 🙂

Ok here we go:

BB Checker.png

BT Performance test (MASTER socket):

BBPT.png

BT Performance Test 1 (TEST Socket):

BBPT2.png

BT Performance Test 2 (TEST Socket):

BBPT3.png

Everytime I try to click further diagnostics, I seem to get disconnected. If I manage to get it to work I'll post it up.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Can you post the 2 lines of stats by going to troubleshooting then logs. Should look like those in message 2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Foxy92
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Diagnostic.png

0 Ratings
Foxy92
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

SNR.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Your connection stats look terrible when compared to dslchecker 

When you connect to test socket with new filter are all the extension sockets 'dead'?

0 Ratings