cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

"releasing a line"?

Go to solution

Hi,
I recently moved out of a rental property, and cancelled my BT services before I left.
The 30 day period from when I cancelled hasn't expired yet (it's up on the 8th of march).
A new tenant has moved in, and has contacted me to say they are having trouble sorting out their new provider (I believe this is Plusnet), as they say BT won't "release the line" (?) until the 8th.

They've told him I may be able to get BT to do it faster, but I'm not sure quite what that means, or how I would do it.
Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: "releasing a line"?

Go to solution

as you have told BT to cancel your contract and line and the date is 8th march then you won't be able to stop that now and new tenant will just have to wait

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Plusnet are trying to do a working line takeover, which they can't due to a pending cease on the line caused by you giving notice to terminate.
Until your cease goes through Plusnet and other CP's can't raise an order, well they could do a forced 2nd line install but that's costly and not practical.

You cancelling your cease will cost you more money, if you rang up tomorrow and cancelled the cease request, Plusnet would then be able to raise a new working line takeover on Friday, that would mean 2 weeks before they take over, so you'd be charged by BT for them extra days, if for whatever reason something goes wrong with Plusnets order or the new tenant changes his/her mind, then your service would contine until you again gave 30 days notice, there's also usage to factor in, the new tenant could move in and run up charges on your account.

It's your choice but there could be consequences for you if something goes wrong with the new tenants order, personally I wouldn't risk it.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @CaffeineAddict and thanks for posting.

I'd go with @-Richie-  advice here. Leave everything as it is. If you make any changes now you could see further charges.

Cheers

David