cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 38

random pole

hello am trying to sort out fibre for my area in central newquay cornwall and have noticed a random polee whic75264851_10218299619654375_6079784244828176384_n.jpgh is connected to another pole outside my estate but neither are connected to anything any engineer can tell me what this polke is for for it was put in this year

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 38

Re: random pole

Hi @woolfman ,

Openreach doesn't reply here, so you won't hear from an engineer the purpose of this pole.

It is likely to be a telephone pole, and the cable may come from underground; which is why it is not connected to anything. 

You can check what broadband is available to you from BT here: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Post results but remove the Cabinet and phone number.

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 38

there are no cables running to it and there is another pole about 12 feet away which provides our awful broadband  phone lines which sometimes struggles to play netflix and yet on the area checker on open reach it says the area has been done its doing my head in and tried your checker and yes only thins available is hardly 8mb 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 38

if you are a bt broadband customer then post dslchecker results from phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 38

They may be underground.

While close to 8mbps is not fast, it is enough to play standard definition and high definition (if no one else is online). Have you got a strong wifi signal?

Please post the results from the website mentioned (https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/) and run a speedtest here: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

--
0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 38

i have strong wifi signal and noone else lives with me cant seem to work out how to copy that page edit it and post it

0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 38

e Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
Left in JumperObserved SpeedsADSLOther Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environmentStatus

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 16--14.5 to 18Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 16Up to 1.514.5 to 18Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)9.41     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)1.23     
Observed Date2019-09-29     
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date15-10-20
0 Ratings
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 38

Thank you for posting

--
0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 38

also im a gamer and have to download huge files sometimes i lived in the country side and had 38mb fibre now i moved into center of one of largest towns in cornwall cannot get fibre its silly tbh

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 38

connection speed seems low compared to expected range   can you post stats from your hub  which hub version do you have?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings