cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 38

Re: random pole

Thanks for answers peeps have verified it's for fibre but cannot find a date from anywhere when they going to enable the service 

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 38

Could be months or even years away if it’s BDUK Funded.

There’s two small hamlets near me where they started to install FTTP, they put the CBT Blocks on the Poles and left the Slippery Fish Tails coiled up ready to be connected but then the BDUK pulled the funding.

One of the places has now been waiting almost 18 months with still no news on when it will be finished and the other only found out a few weeks ago they were halting the build.

0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 38

heys thnxs for answers is there anyone i can call or contact to find out if my area was BDUK funded area im still getting stonewalled on openreach all it says is we have no plans to update that area?? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 38

try here if not done so already

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/building-digital-uk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 38

been through that one no updates for my area and yet when run the line checker it says i can get fibre i found the same thing on the ofcom site feels like someone is saying this area is done but it is not as when i ring bt they say im not enabled but thats several line checkers ive done on different sites that says it has ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 38

if the dslchecker does not show as available then you just need to wait

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 38

ok an update had an open reach engineer around to change master socket asked him about pole he said it is connected already and to give bt the equipment number and they should be able to connect fibre straight away have rung bt and they say that i cannot  but apologized to me for this having to wait for managers to read my complaint before anything else happens.

0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 38

and now cancelled my complaint and brushed under carpet:(

0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 38

update 2 

basically i have an enabled fibre pole right outside my door and for some reason bt does not want any of us in the estate to connect up to it,im still waiting to hear from the engineer as he was gonna check it out for me  ,such a strange situation:(

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 38

Just because there’s a Fibre Node and Connectorised Block Terminal on the Pole it doesn’t mean it’s got live Fibre or has even been connected to the Spine Network and or Head End.

As per my previous post it’s not uncommon for BDUK Funded FTTP to be stopped halfway through the build. I’ve known a few locations where it’s happened.

If the build has been halted due to lack of or withdrawn funding then you’ll just have to wait because one of the rules with BDUK is Openreach is not allowed to continue to build onto it.

0 Ratings