cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 38

Re: random pole

I understand what you are saying but an open reach engineer looked at it and said its connected and the broadband checker on Ofcom picks it up too  that's why it's so  confusing

0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 38

Fibre

hello hope you can help i have had it confirmed by an open reach engineer that the fibre 330mb pole outside my house is enabled also it comes up as available on ofcon ,i informed bt of the equipment code of the build and was apologized too and advised by the advisor to put in a complaint which bt closed on the same day with no explanation and no resolution to my problem , i have started collating addresses in the surrounding area to put on the community fibre partnership as figure how much can running a line to each house cost as its only like 20 feet,also it reports the whole area where i live has fibre enabled on the open reach site so no plans  to upgrade my area this just seems like a glitch in the system its really confusing me why it cannot be sorted very easily , the engineer who visited me im still in contact with is trying to push it through also but haven't heard from him for a week now so guess he failed as he was gonna update me on any movement anyone know of anything else i can try ?

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 38

Re: Fibre

When you say you have advised BT of the equipment code, exactly what code are you referring too ?

It’s unclear why you are posting on a BT Consumer forum, if it’s Openreach kit, and it’s ‘live’ and available for customers to order service , then for BT to be able to order service on your behalf, that network has to be shown as available on the common ordering portal that all ISP’s that consume OR products use, presumably this isn’t the case with the fibre equipment on the pole.

It could be the OR person you spoke to is incorrect and the equipment, although physically present isn’t actually ready to offer service, ( and TBH , why would they know the status of any particular bit of kit, especially when the photo you posted clearly shows nothing connected to the CBT’s, so it’s no as though they could say something is already connected so it must be working ) and as others have commented, it’s not uncommon for ‘fibre’ projects to be started then paused or  abandoned, especially with projects that  are part funded from third party organisations, where funding can stop, or be reallocated.

If the infrastructure is ready for orders but the wholesale system updates to allow ISP’s to order hasn’t been progressed, as it’s not BT’s kit or system that needs updating, just something they consume when they are told it’s available, posting on a BT Consumer forum, when it isn’t really clear that you are even a BT customer on ‘legacy’ equipment, isn’t likely to provide the answers you are looking for,  Openreach and BT Consumer are not one and the same thing, you probably need to contact OR directly ( not easy as Ofcom don’t want you to speak to OR directly ) and ask if they can update you with the status of this project , and if the kit is genuinely ready to be used, then it’s obviously in OR’s interest to get the equipment status  changed so ISP’s like BT Consumer can raise orders to use it

woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 38

i was told by an open reach engineer it was live and the code was the equipment build and to quote that to bt and they should be able to let me order fibre ,and if you mean by legacy im a customer of bt with a struggling 10mb adsl connection that struggles to play netflix even sometimes

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 38

I’m still unclear on what the ‘code’ the OR person told you to quote is, is it the ‘estimate’ the OR planning community use to program and progress the work, or the equivalent of a copper DP number ,  presumably CBT’s  have some sort of unique code to identify its position in the network architecture, or the T code of the  Aggregation Node that  feeds this part of the network,  but any of that information would be no more helpful to anyone in BT Consumer than any other ISP,  it appears to be the case with new builds that an ONT is pre-fitted and it will have a unique identifier , but your area obviously would be some sort of overlay network so nothing would be pre fitted ,  so it’s obviously not that the OR engineer quoted.

If for example the ‘code’ you have been given is the estimate number for the works, then you would need someone with access into the OR planning community to see what the current status of that works estimate was, AFAIK, there is a way to enquire with OR , may be not initially with this type of info, but if it is an estimate number you have been given, that should ( once you have opened a dialogue with OR ) enable them to quickly locate the project

0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 38

anyhow i have managed to find a way of contacting open reach now and they are going to look into  it hopefully they can resolve this thanks for answers 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 37 of 38

Have you ever tried getting infomation from https://www.superfastcornwall.org/ ? They are best placed to avise you and chase up Openreach in neccessary.

0 Ratings
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 38

Yup have tried there 

0 Ratings