cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

slow broadband

Go to solution

My broadband has been down for the last 2 weeks. Now it is back it is so slow it is barely usable at a speed of 0.2mbps. As a disabled person I rely on the internet and panic when it is down. What is going on and what am I paying for if I can't get a decent speed.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: slow broadband

Go to solution

@gin2ger 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

I tried the test and there is no noise on the line.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@gin2ger 

What speed are you supposed to get?

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Please edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

At least 2mbps

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@gin2ger wrote:

At least 2mbps

Please can you display the results on this thread. I assume you have a normal  (ADSL) broadband connection?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I do have a normal ASDL connection. The BT speed and connection tests refused to complete saying they couldn't see the online hub. An independent one just gave me a basic speed result.

gin2ger_0-1598632849149.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

gin2ger_1-1598957851396.png

This is the latest speed test which shows that I am not getting anything like the speed I was promised. So much for the BT speed guarantee.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

You haven’t yet provided the results from the DSL checker /speed estimate site ( to confirm what  the range of speed your line should be capable of is ) , if your phone number isn’t working on the site , try the address option, also you need to post your router stats , so what you are currently getting can be compared to what you should expect.
If you have dialtone and the correct number is read back from 17070 ( as well as the line being quiet on the quiet line test ) , and your broadband not working as expected, then you will need to report it to your ISP , that  presumably is BT if you are posting here.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

gin2ger_0-1598964759046.png

0 Ratings