cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tina223
Message 1 of 21

slow broadband

Hi use to get around 7mb broadband speed up until the last 4 weeks where it has reduced to around 2mb and constantly buffering with the likes of youtube etc. My son had this problem a couple years ago and one of the mods who was very helpful reset the ip profile i think and it fixed the issue is there anyway i can contact the mods directly to see if this can done to see if it resolves my problem? Thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: slow broadband

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
tina223
Message 3 of 21

I cant find those stats in any of the logs im using the home hub4

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

they are there from the last time your hub restarted
0 Ratings
tina223
Message 5 of 21

ive just done a speed test as well if this helps. 

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 1.95 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

that is a good start but those two lines are needed please
0 Ratings
tina223
Message 7 of 21

ok managed to locate the stats it was under the wan tab.

11:33:25, 09 Sep.( 71.720000) DSL noise margin: 25.00 dB upstream, 14.60 dB downstream
11:33:24, 09 Sep.

( 71.650000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 8128 Kbps downstream

Ive also changed the filters. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 21

ok thanks you now need to repost those two lines in 3 days time and if your speed has not improved we can ask the forum mods to assist you in getting your profile reset
0 Ratings
tina223
Message 9 of 21

ok John thanks but this has been going on for the last 4 weeks are u saying nothing can be done for three days until i post more stats?? Just would like to get this reolve as soon as possible as my son is having problems playing his xbox and we cant stream video smoothly. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

the mods cannot arrange a reset until you can show 3days + stable connection because unless you can show this there is no point in resetting as the profile will just drop again
0 Ratings