cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

slow upload speed - exchange upgrade?

Hi

We've realised that our Vodafone Sure Sugnal V3 is not working because our upload speed is less than the minimum required.  I've read on the forums that BT are upgrading exchanges to 21CN Broadband but I can't find out when our exchange, Brendon (WWBDON) will be upgraded.  Our download is 6.9Mbps and our upload is 0.19 Mbps.  We get a significant number of broadband dropouts and we're wondering if this is also due to the slow upload.  We live in a very isolated area where the phone line is affected by electric fences which are particularly bad when the weather is wet.  Filters have been put on the line by BT but they seem to get randomly removed! Any advice would be very much appreciated.

This is the first time I've ever posted on the forum so I hope the format I've used is OK. Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: slow upload speed - exchange upgrade?

your posting is ok

check here and see if anything about 21CN 

check exchange

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thank you.  I'm afraid I don't know how to get at my hub logs.  I think I've got the latest BT hub - would that be a 4?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks.  Unfotunately it just says what's currently available not when the exchange will be upgraded.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

enter hub manager then go to troubleshooting then logs

if there is no date for 21CN then nothing planned and you are stuck on adslmax

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results 

btspeedtester

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thank you.  I will have to test tomorrow as I can't comply with the instructions atm.  Thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

don't reset before you run the test

0 Ratings