cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 62

Re: uploading kills my download speed

Go to solution

@mike101 wrote:

Thanks Keith, I'll see how it goes but 6db seemed to work really well.

See my edited post.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 62

Go to solution

OK, I'll see how things go and if they don't settle down I'll give that a go.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 62

Go to solution

@mike101 wrote:

OK, I'll see how things go and if they don't settle down I'll give that a go.

Provided you can find a suitable time, then a short disconnection will do no harm.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 62

Go to solution

OK.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 62

Go to solution

It re synced about 30 minutes ago at 2.7 db.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 62

Go to solution

@mike101 wrote:

It re synced about 30 minutes ago at 2.7 db.

DLM would make any adjustments to the margin. Remember, the reset done by the moderator has restarted the 10 day monitoring by DLM, so it should sort itself out, so some disconnections are to be expected.

I suspect the latency is "fast" at the moment, as that is the normal starting setting. Because there are CRC (packet) errors, the DLM will swap the latency to "interleaved".

Interleaved introduces Forward Error Correction, which has the ability to correct some errors at the receiving end, and this should reduce or eliminate the CRC errors. The interleave depth can be increased if needed.

If all of that fails to stop the errors, then the connection speed will be reduced slightly, and this will also increase the noise margin.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 62

Go to solution

Thanks for the info. 

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 62

Go to solution

Morning Keith, just an update on my connection. It seems to resync 2-3 times a day, typically at around 3db but this creeps down to as low as 0 db over the following 4 -5 -hours before resyncing again. Typically 10k - 20k error pkt/hr. 

Is this typical of the the DLM doing it's thing?

I did temp disconnect the dsl as you suggested but made no difference.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 62

Go to solution

It does sound like you are getting some form of interference, as I would not expect that much variation to occur. It may be crosstalk from another circuit in the cable feeding the house. Also you can get interference on long overhead lines, usually worse after dark. Is your line fed overhead?

That fact that it was originally locked to 9dB, may be the clue to an issue that could not be resolved.

In theory DLM should make adjustments on its own, but to be fair, you need to leave it until 10 days have elapsed since the moderator reset the profile.

If after that time, it is still dropping to below 3dB, then it may be necessary to have the profile locked to 6dB, to maintain stability.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 62

Go to solution

The line is overhead, about a mile from the exchange. The last engineer (about a month ago) remarked how "clean" the line was with all the line stats being very good. We are very rural. 

0 Ratings