cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunshinewelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

what should i expect with a new line install

I recently moved home and was told new property did not have a line. i was told that BT would waive the £130 connection fee if i renewed my contract so i agreed. Moved into property and found that there were BT infinity boxes in the hall with a connection point for a router in living room.

engineer came next day and said we had a line and that it just needed activating. I asked him if he could move the master socket to my living room as the previous owner had it in the hall but there were no power stwiches near by for equipment,

he said no and said i could use the extention in the living room.

so he left. i have found out that the extention in living room is just for a router as it has an ethernet port only and not a telephone socket.

can i get BT to move the master socket or at least fit a proper extention plate to the living room box.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: what should i expect with a new line install

You can, but it'll cost you.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Much cheaper to just buy a new faceplate and replace it yourself. You will probably also have to move the connections in the master socket from the Data Extension Terminals to pins 2 & 5 on the removable faceplate.

0 Ratings
sunshinewelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

surely if i am paying for a new line then i should get some say where it goes

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

No, internal wiring is your responsibility. The line is already extant.

0 Ratings