cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT on taskbar

I am not very savvy with computers.. I have BT on my desktop but how do I get BT on to my taskbar?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT on taskbar

If you mean a BT Icon that is on your desktop that you just click on to open BT you can just drag the icon that is on your desktop onto the task bar and this will pin it to the taskbar.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for that. I am sorry for being thick but I have dragged down the icon from desktop but as I then lift finger from mouse the icon disappears. What am I not doing or what am I doing wrong please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I have presumed that it is a shortcut to the BT webpage that you are using. Make sure that you drag it over the task bar then you should see a small notification box "pin to - name of your browser" at which point you should release your mouse.

This should pin your browser to the task bar. You will then need to right click on the browser icon in the task bar and it will display the relevant page that you want to open.

It is probably easier just to use the shortcut that is on your desktop but the above should work if you want it. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Simply right/click on the desktop icon and you should be presented with a number of options, including "Pin to taskbar". Click on that and the icon will be "copied" to your taskbar.

This is the method on Windows 10 and possibly 8.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Carlusha wrote:

Simply right/click on the desktop icon and you should be presented with a number of options, including "Pin to taskbar". Click on that and the icon will be "copied" to your taskbar.

This is the method on Windows 10 and possibly 8.

I could be wrong but I think that method only works for shortcuts to programs but it will not work for a shortcut to a web page.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Agreed, it only works for programs. It's better to pin to the Internet Explorer / Chrome  favourites toolbar at the top.  There are reports of problems with Firefox, however.

0 Ratings