Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 5

BTCare Community Newsletter Issue 7

Signature forum.jpg BTCare Community Newsletter

Issue 7

Forum milestones – Number of topics

Celebration banner.png

As of last week, the forum’s total post count has exceeded 100,000!

Also, the total accepted solutions count is now over 15,500!

Thanks to all of our community members for helping the forum grow with your questions, help and advice.

Our picks

You may have noticed some new posts from us about Scams Awareness Month.

This week we’re featuring advice on online scams, but watch out for more posts in the next couple of weeks!

BT Mail account suspension

One of our top discussions this month was from customers incorrectly seeing a message advising them their BT Mail account is about to be suspended due to inactivity, despite the fact that these email addresses are in regular use.

We have confirmed that this message is being shown in error, and that no active email accounts will be suspended. We will post any updates about this on the thread as soon as we get them.

One of the most searched topics this fortnight was...

About DLM.

@jac_95 has posted a glossary for the most frequently used technical terms on the broadband forums.

It includes a brief explanation of what DLM (or Dynamic Line Management) does.

For anyone searching for advice with a broadband fault, we have a list of top tips on how to troubleshoot potential issues at the top of the Copper Broadband and Infinity boards.

Forum feature of the week – Facebook login

This issue was recently raised by @StevePalmer.

He reported that he signed up to the forum by using his Facebook login details, but was unable to log in when using the mobile version of the site.

The Facebook login isn’t currently available on the forum’s mobile version, so we have posted advice here on what you can do if you’re affected by this. 

That’s it for now…

This is the last newsletter from me this year, as I will soon be going off on maternity leave 🙂

My PMs will be switched off as of this weekend, but everything else remains “business as usual”, with the rest of the moderation team continuing all of their hard work.

Have a great week everyone!

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BTCare Community Newsletter Issue 7

@StephanieG wrote:

That’s it for now…

This is the last newsletter from me this year, as I will soon be going off on maternity leave 🙂

Best wishes, hope all goes well Stephanie.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

best wishes Stephanie
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 5

Thanks guys, I look forward to seeing you all around the boards when I get back!

But most of all, at the moment I just look forward to getting some sleep before the little one arrives Smiley Tongue

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
majorexcav
Message 5 of 5

Well done Gal. You've put my mind at rest about email suspension. Now get those feet up. 😁 x
0 Ratings