Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 10

BTCare Community Newsletter

Signature forum.jpg BTCare Community Newsletter

Issue 1

What’s this, a new newsletter?

Yes, it is! We wanted to bring back the forum newsletter and share with you any forum-related news, with anything from board/structure changes to giving a shout-out to people who have been particularly helpful this week, and more.

Speaking of forum changes…

As you will have seen from the front page of the forum, the Lounge and BT.com & Community have a new home (along with some name changes!) You can see the full details here.

Also, the Announcements section is getting an update! We've renamed it Announcements, Guides & Community Updates, and the purpose of this change is we very much want discussion about the community here.  In future you will find topics about changes to the community as well as handy guides on some fantastic community features.

By default, you can now post (and reply to posts) including this newsletter!

We hope that these changes give everyone a better opportunity to chat to us and the rest of the forum community.

Last but not least, BT Mobile has now been launched and has its own board – you can post any questions or comments here.

A lot of threads have already been answered, such as how you can download the BT Mobile app, and info on the spend cap to name a few, as well as lots of questions about 4G!

And the award goes to...

Top solutions authored, and most kudos received: @imjolly 

Most kudos given: @licquorice 

Well done guys! Who will reach the top this week?

And the award goes to...

Unsurprisingly, there’s been quite a lot of discussion around BT Mobile since its launch last week.

One of the most talked-about topics last week was from existing BT Broadband Anywhere customers, and how they can avail of this new BT Mobile offer.

Thanks @Ribblelancs for kicking off the discussion.

One of the most searched topics this week was...

How to self-install Infinity 2!

Searching the community is a great way to get the advice you need, as it has a wealth of information on this topic.

Advice is available here, along with a short video on how the self-install process works.

Forum feature of the week - @mentions

Did you know you can mention a fellow forum member in your post, and they’ll receive an email letting them know they’ve been named in your post?

This is a handy way of posting a reply to someone and making sure they don’t miss it. Just remember it only works when you’re using the Rich Text tab!

A handy step-by-step guide is now available here, along with how to manage @mention notifications.

That’s it for now…

So if you have any comments or suggestions, do reply back to this thread with your feedback.

Thanks for reading!

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BTCare Community Newsletter

Ok, I guess somebody has to go first. Whilst I appreciate the sentiment of having a Newsletter and trying to create a community atmosphere, I'm not entirely convinced of the need for it. Most people post on forums such as these to obtain an answer to specific problems rather than general chit chat. The fact that this post has been up for 4 hours without comment I think speaks a lot about the lack of interest. Rather than a specific newsletter, I believe the announcements portion at the top of each board could be better used for information on hot topics.

Sorry for the negativity, but you did ask for comments.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

I have noticed that I was receiving notifications when I was mentioned in post and now your newsletter explains why it was happening. I am still trying to decide if I want to keep it or go to settings and turn it off

I am not in favour of the 'mentions' section and it is not the reason I help others on the forum. Is it possible to opt out of this section?

I am sorry to be second reply and neither giving a positive response

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

@imjolly wrote:

I am not in favour of the 'mentions' section and it is not the reason I help others on the forum. Is it possible to opt out of this section?

Entirely agree.

Edit; Assume you meant the 'Awards' section.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

@licquorice

Yes I did mean awards section

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 10

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedback, not what we were hoping for but appreciate the honesty Smiley Wink.

@licquorice -  You are right, when customers come to our forum it is generally to post about a problem they have so general chit chat is probably the last thing on there mind.  The newsletter is so that we can share community news with everyone so by spending two minutes reading this Newsletter a community member will have a sense of what is going on.  Discussion around the content of the newsletter is open and we would encourage it as it allows us to learn and know what to include next time, but I appreciate its not for everyone.  The fact that you have kicked us off with comments is exactly what we want so thank you for that.  

@imjolly - Thanks for the comments.  We plan to highlight a community feature every week in the newsletter as there are some functions that are used very little, probably because no one knows about it.  If you decide to remove the @mention  notification and run into any issues please let me know and I will help you.  With regards to the 'Mentions' section, my apologies that we included you here without asking you first.  I know you don't help other customers for the purpose of being recognised for it but we figured it would be something nice to do as a way of highlighting your invaluable contributions.  However in hindsight we should have asked first, lesson learned, and I will make sure that you or anyone else is not included in this section without at least being consulted before hand.

Our community is a support based community so when members post here it is generally about a problem.  However, wouldn't it be nice if we did have some general chit chat taking place?  I mean there are many here that don't come to post about a problem but rather to help other members so this might be a nice change.  What do you think?

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 10

Sean, happy to help fellow customers but I personally do it to help not for the kudos.
Wasn't the original concept of "The Lounge" as a place to chat? and that never really took off.

Stew
0 Ratings
davespur34
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

why are dates not used.everthing that has been posted seems to a couple of yeas old,or am I mis-reading it ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Err, dates and times of posting are used. Are you looking at the registration date of the contributor rather than the posting date?

PaulHanson
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Nothing like a good old chinwag 🙂 Your not on your own lol

0 Ratings