cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stephen1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Can I go back to the old BT home page? the new one is full of BT adverts which I don't need.

Go to solution

I don't need the BT adverts on the new home page as I am already a BT customer.

Also where is the search bar for the internet, not the search BT site one?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
stephen1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can I go back to the old BT home page? the new one is full of BT adverts which I don't need.

Go to solution
Update,
Using Google as my home page seems to have done the trick.
Steve
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 6

Re: Can I go back to the old BT home page? the new one is full of BT adverts which I don't need.

Go to solution

@stephen1 wrote:

I don't need the BT adverts on the new home page as I am already a BT customer.

Also where is the search bar for the internet, not the search BT site one?

There are no external, commercial, adverts on the BT.com homepage. References to BT are intended for navigation. Much simpler in my opinion.

The ads appear when you enter the news page from the tab, given on the homepage.

The search window is still there,  on the news page but it’s not very good on the iPad. There’s still an option search the web or search this site.

This may need querying, but I’ll look at the site using IE 11 first.

0 Ratings
stephen1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for that, I've made the news page my home page, much better.
Just find all this BT stuff annoying, if I wanted to see deals involving broadband and mobiles I would look for them, don't need it in my face every time I go on my home page, fyi I am using Edge.
Tarara
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Could you tell me how you made the news page your home page please. I've been trying to do that for days but can't find anywhere to do it from. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Tarara wrote:

Could you tell me how you made the news page your home page please.

If you want to go to the BT News page when you open your browser, do it in the browser. Go to the page, right-click the URL and select Copy; then go Home Page to the browser Options and paste the URL there. If you want to open on the News page when you visit the BT website, go to the page and set it as your bookmark for BT.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings