Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 202

Community redesign

Hi Everyone,

I am delighted to announce that we have been working hard on improving our community design.  I am excited that we have completed all our testing and are now ready to share the new design with everyone.

It is quite an improvement over what everyone is used to, so for our regulars it may take a minute to get the hang of it.  The new community is also responsive which means the community will adjust to the screen size of whatever device you are using, so good bye to the dated mobile version.

Over the years we have been guilty of perhaps not making it very clear as to how one can create a new post as there is no clear signpost on our current community.  This has been addressed in the new design with clear options on the homepage to simply ‘Post a question’.

Another big change is how the community categories are displayed, rather than having the categories displayed on the home page in a list format, the categories are displayed along to the top of the page, all you have to do is hover your mouse over the category name or tap on the category name to display a drop down list of all the boards.

The home page of the community will be dominated by the community activity.  This will display all new posts across all boards of the community.

We have also added a new component called ‘Ask a question’ this work in a similar way of the search function, it will allow you to ask a question and any community content that matches your terms of search will be displayed.  You can then get involved in one of the suggested thread or easily click on continue to create a brand new discussion of your own.

The new community design will be available from around 7am tomorrow.  If you are an early bird and online at this time then there shouldn't be very much disruption, if any at all.  If your actions are interrupted just refresh your page and all should be well again.

I would very much welcome all your feedback on what you think of the new design, just reply to this post.

**EDIT**Below is a list of suggestions and things we are working to improve, thanks to the feedback from everyone here

• Clicking the avatar on a user profile, blanks the avatar - Resolved
  • Eye icon on tag page is duplicated - Resolved
  • Thumbs-up icon on the leaderboard overlays the word 'ratings' - Resolved
  • Solution tick displayed in purple as opposed to green from 'all post' page - Resolved
  • View profile option invisible until mouse hovers over – Resolved
  • 'Add to friends' text positioning – Text displays outside of text box - Resolved
  • All forum topics and page numbers added to top of thread page – Resolved
  • Forum help - Search FAQ text incorrect – Resolved
  • Start a topic should be Post a question - Resolved
  • Purple text not displayed until clicked – Resolved
  • My subscriptions page does not indicate new content - Resolved
  • White on white text in search suggestions – Resolved
  • Avatar warning message - Resolved
  • Posts no longer numbered – Resolved
  • Post count for users on forum topic page - This function cannot be turned on easily so we will look to add this in the future
  • Mobile menu colour - Resolved
  • Paragraph spacing on content prior to launch - This cannot be fixed retrospectively, all content prior to launch will have double spacing.  I will however update all the sticky threads to remove the extra spacing

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
201 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 202

Re: Community redesign

Not having an 'All forum topics' button at the bottom of the page as well as the top is going to drive me mad.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 202

Good morning @licquorice,

I will see if we can also add these options to the bottom of all threads.  I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 202

Thanks @SeanD

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 202

Text in ideas bank out of box

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 202

Minor problem with display when viewing ratings leaderboards. Text is overlayed with the 'thumbs up' icon.

ratings.jpg

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 202

Thanks guys,

I will get tickets raised into Lithium to address these issues

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 202

Thanks Sean 

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 202

Too much white space and clutter. How on earth did you manage to do both those things in one? Smiley Surprised

How do I show updated topics from just the sections I have subscribed to?
Message 10 of 202

Hi @gomezz

Thanks for your feedback!

Click on your avatar on the top right hand corner and choose the option for "My Subscriptions".

Let me know if that's what you were looking for Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings