cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
37Bagpuss
Message 1 of 4

Constant telephone calls supposedly from someone at BT. Today said Internet being closed down.

Go to solution

Want somebody to come out and see me to talk to face to face.  Cannot understand word the phone callers are saying. They are either foreign or speak so fast I cannot understand them.

Have been told that this is not possible,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Constant telephone calls supposedly from someone at BT. Today said Internet being closed down.

Go to solution

more like a scam call than someone from BT  there are many similar posts if you use search facility

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: Constant telephone calls supposedly from someone at BT. Today said Internet being closed down.

Go to solution

@37Bagpuss wrote:

Want somebody to come out and see me to talk to face to face.  Cannot understand word the phone callers are saying. They are either foreign or speak so fast I cannot understand them.

Have been told that this is not possible,

Just ignore it is a scam  It is also true that BT do not visit to speak to people face to face

accountmanager
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yes, I've had this, and it's annoying.

This first time this happened I stated that the caller was nothing more than a scammer and criminal. The reply was an abusive comment and then the call was terminated by the caller.

Later, an automated message informed that my internet line was going to be cut-off due to activity at a California exchange. Naturally I ignored this.

As a comment. What has been created is an environment whereby anybody who calls you cannot verify their identity, and so those answering the call must assume the caller is a criminal. We can’t rely on the displayed number as chances are it is fictitious.

I pity BT or Openreach if they have to communicate via telephone. Chances are they will receive a brisk ‘go-away’ (or other suitable command) as many consumers now assume criminals are calling! Remember also, there’s a team pretending to be Microsoft Windows support trying to get you.

Remember, never confirm your name. When asked, you ask who’s calling and assume you are speaking to a criminal.

0 Ratings