cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Does anyone know how to get an actual response from a member of the Business Complaints Team?

Go to solution

I have been dealing with Amanda and Pauline in BT local business North Scotland since March 31st. I would like to reduce my BT lines due to a significant business downsizing.  

Having had no luck in pursuing this with them I completed the online complaints form on May 26th and received an auto response to my inbox with the Reference:200526-****.

Pauline then picked this up again (I had been emailing at the same time) and gave me reference number IMP-******.

I have since been told by Pauline BT you will not allow me to downsize my service with unless I pay the full termination fee.  Incidentally, the termination fee is the balance of the account - so the 'support' they're offering is that I can pay my bills in advance. 

To be clear, I am not looking to terminate completely, I simply want to downsize due to a reduction in staff and offices. 

"Good afternoon Nicola, as agreed in our recent discussion I raised an issue to BT regarding the concerns you raised and I now have an update for you.

-          Termination charges for cancellation of licences under Cloud Voice – 5 licences purchased via 5 year term contract effective from July 2018 until July 2023.  Under the terms of this contract, the cancellation of any licences within the term of the contract would be liable to termination charges (£33.52 for removal of 1 license and £145.68 for removal of each subsequent license)"

I am extremely disappointed with this response. I refer you to this page on the BT website, in particular the first line and final sentence: www.bt.com/about/coronavirus/our-customers

"We recognise that it’s an extremely difficult and worrying time for small businesses in particular and we’re working hard to find ways in which to support them. While the Government’s initiatives will offer some relief, we are looking to add further support by giving customers in financial difficulty the flexibility to temporarily change the nature of their business with us.

If a small business customer is worried about paying their bill, they can contact our customer service team to discuss their options, and we will try and be as flexible as we can.

In addition... "If there are any potential variations to the capacity and service you might need in the coming weeks, please do let us know about these as soon as you can, via your account or service teams."

I would like to know exactly what it is BT feel they have offered that will "add further support by giving customers in financial difficulty the flexibility to temporarily change the nature of their business".

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Does anyone know how to get an actual response from a member of the Business Complaints Team?

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum.  

If you are a BT Business customer you will need to post on the BT Business Forum as nobody on this forum will be able to assist you.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings