grandadbaza
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Important information about your BT service

Go to solution

I have received  an email as below  is it a spam 

Important information about your BT service
Hello,
As you've used your email address in the last 90 days, we need to let you know about some changes we're making.
We're closing some of our older email services. That means your BT email address will stop working after 4th Feb 2019, unless you add it to your BT Broadband account. If you don't do that, you'll lose your email address as well as the contacts and messages associated with it.
Keep your email by adding it to your BT Broadband account
If you want to keep it, it's quick, easy and free. Just link your email address to your BT Broadband account by following the steps at bt.com/linkemail.

We sent you this message because you've got BT Broadband. If that's not right and you want to find out how to keep your BT email address, go to bt.com/emailchanges.
Don't need your email address any more?
If you don't want to keep your email address, and everything associated with it, tell us and we'll delete it for you.
I don't want my email address
To find out more, or for information on how to save copies of your messages and contacts before 4th Feb 2019, go to bt.com/emailchanges.

Thanks, 

Nick Lane
Managing Director, Customer Care

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Important information about your BT service

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Its spam, do not respond in any way, just delete it.

They are trying to get your login details, the links take you to a fake website.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @grandadbaza

Yes definitely spam I've removed the links from the post they direct to another company as @Keith_Beddoe says.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
grandadbaza
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks to both of you 

Regards

Baza

0 Ratings