cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Meet our Get Help team and hear about our plans for the rest of the year

I followed a link requesting help from the development team, not seeking help for myself.

Problem is not recognising an envelope with a red dot on the page, but navigating to the page and the multiple entry points with different credentials.

I was presenting the problem of a naive user. An expert user has built up their map and can navigate easily.

I have bookmarked the page so I can back to it.

Each time I enter the BT world I seem to find a different maze.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

There are 2 crucial issues which the Get Help team need to address;

1) Clarity about the pathways to obtain help and support when customers have issues, which at present seems to be deliberately obscure and obstructive, preferring instead to direct people to FAQs and forums or whatever it takes to avoid customers being easily able to access  skilled, helpful support and resolution of unsolved issues.

2) I strongly suggest a team of Get Help personnel  that comprise, and represent, the diverse ethnic and gender identities of customers. Such a team might then  be capable of tracking the customer support journey in a meaningful way.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

@SeanD 

My Family SIM plan expires soon so I went inline with the intention of renewing it and after navigating the site decided to take the safe option and ring in instead. I think the wording is unclear and needs looking at in order that customers know exactly what they will end up with.

For example, I couldn't tell from the website if I was just renewing my existing plan with no other changes (which is what I wanted) or whether I would end up with new SIMS and new numbers to replace the ones I already have or maybe even receive additional SIMS on top of the those I already have (neither of which I want).

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 14 of 17

Hi @Les-Gibson,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience when trying to renew your mobile plan online.  I am sorry that the online journey was not clear and that you had to ring up.

I will feed this back to the relevant teams 😁

Did you manage to get sorted via our call centre?  Anything else we can help with, please let me know?

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Hey @Radiant , thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

On your first point, this is not by design and there is ongoing work to improve our contact methods which is due to launch in early March.

On your second point, I hear you. The very reason we go out to our users is so that we build products that represent our diverse customer base, however we appreciate there's progress to be made with respect to diversity. This is a process that many businesses are currently going through and we are fully committed internally to make quicker and meaningful progress.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

@SeanD 

Somethings just occurred to me and I can't tell from your message who is best placed to deal with it.

When purchasing a product or renewing a contract online, you get a cooling off period, however if you go back into your account for that purpose at a later date, you receive a message to say that BT can't make you any offers until your open offer is complete and you can't go any further.

How then can a customer exercise their right to cancel online in preference to phoning in?

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 17 of 17

Hi @Les-Gibson,

Thanks for the feedback.

If a customer changes their mind within the cooling-off period and wants to go back to the package they had previous then this must be done over the phone.  This is true for the cancelling of any service, a customer will need to speak with our retentions team on 0800 800 030, we don't offer cancellation online.

By calling retentions you will be able to speak with someone who can discuss all your options 😀

Cheers

Sean 

0 Ratings