cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 65

Re: Private message which is spam

Go to solution
Thanks Neil
That is what users wanted to know that their BT accounts have not been compromised.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 65

Go to solution

20201213_113738.jpg

 we've been targeted at the minute with the "brushing" fraud attack, so getting spammed by this idiot not appreciated. I would just like to deactivate the forum account any advice on how I do that please. 

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 65

Go to solution
Sadly I did the same. Disconnected from the internet and changed password. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 65

Re: You’ve received a private message in the BT Community.

Go to solution

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 65

Go to solution

Just have had same message.  From Blackcherryl.  Ignored links and went to your site directly.  Have now deleted email. Will not be viewing any more messages from the Community from an email, as this is quite a worry. Nothing seems to be secure nowadays and having been scammed once  I do not trust anything online anymore. The lesson is do not respond to any links in any email even if you think you know where it comes from.

Message 36 of 65

no-reply@community-mail.bt.com

Go to solution

Had this today:

Hello dazbon,

You’ve received a private message in the BT Community.

Subject

Blink and it is gone! Best amazing bonus offer for December! Today is your lucky day! Try it now!

From

SodaPoplz

Date

13-12-2020 3h10

When I try to access message it just states in BT Forum that I do not have privileges to access this, highlighted in red block. Is this dodgy or actually from BT, as email looked genuine? 

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 65

Re: no-reply@community-mail.bt.com

Go to solution

same here think it may be scam

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 65

Go to solution

You will have received an email to notify you of a message because you will have "subscribed" to a post in the forum, 

It would appear that possibly a scammer has posted the email hence you getting an email notifying of it.

The "scammers" post would have been deleted by the moderators at some point but after you were notified of its existence. This would mean that when you tried to access it to read it you would not be able to because it had been removed and deleted to a part of the forum that you do not have access to hence the "red block" message.

Message 39 of 65

Go to solution

Cheers Bud,

Are BT doing anything about it as I thought it looked genuine & does just appear to link to BT Forum, so not sure what they could be after or what I should do now?

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 65

Go to solution

The email you got is genuine. It is sent automatically from the forum to notify you of any new messages that have been posted.

As I said, all the email was doing was notifying you of a new message on the forum.

The reason you can not access it is because the post it refers to has been deleted.

0 Ratings