cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 65

Re: Private message which is spam

Go to solution

When ever somebody has said something and in the same sentence states   "its not meant to be personal, but it needs saying"  it invariably means that it is, otherwise they would have worded it differently. 

Perhaps you should re-read your own posts, look for the contradictions and reflect on whether or not you are ranting!

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 65

Go to solution

Surely this forum is not the place for a personal slanging match? This thread began because a number of people received an unsolicited email purporting to be from this forum, which turned out to be spam. We were concerned and annoyed. We now understand how it happened, and appreciate the time contributors spent explaining that. 

I am not overly-impressed with BT for various reasons, but it's my choice to stick with them, so I won't go on complaining. But I hope I can use this forum if I have problems in the future - without it becoming personal against any individual or individuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 63 of 65

Go to solution

gg303040 - NeilO (BT Moderator) is arranging for me to leave the forum tomorrow. My words were sincere, not sarcastic. May I ask if you work for BT or are you just electing personally to take my remark as sarcasm. I only ask because I was not aware until you posted that I had been having a conversation with you. 

For the rest (and I'm not going to start sifting through my old posts), my 'rants' as you like to call them, were aimed at corporate BT and not at any individuals, and were a plea from a longstanding customer to ask if they could improve on the way they are doing things.  I only joined the forum some months ago to seek help and ask BT if they could improve their email system. Having found none, but instead having been scammed, I shall be pleased to leave it behind me.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 65

Go to solution

mikeonb4c

As you are aware, this is a public forum and all posts can be read by any person. You do not need to be "having a conversation" with any person to post on a thread.

You asked and complained in previous posts that it was not obvious who were BT employees.  I posted in message 57 information regarding the forum guidelines and contained  with in them information about who are BT employees. There was no sarcasm or any thing in that message directed towards any individual. 

You replied in message 58 directly quoting something I said in message 57 therefore your reply was obviously directed towards me and you ended with "Sorry to be blunt, and its not meant to be personal, but it needs saying."   hence my reply in message 59  to which you replied in message 60 and ending with "You've done a good days work, by your standards"  which I presume was not intended to be a complement! 

As regards if I work for BT whilst my employment is none of your business I will say that I am not nor ever have been employed by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 65

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I would like to remind all community members to be courteous and considerate when contributing to the community. As this thread is now off-topic and the original issues have been addressed I've locked it to prevent any further disagreements. 

Thanks

NeilO

BT Community Moderator