cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 122

Re: Scams: Information about scams currently circulating

Just received a text starting

"Hello BT here"

asking for feedback, telling me to expect 2 questions which are on the way and claiming to have dealt with my fault.

Obvious warning for me was my mobile is not part of my BT package. Also that I have not needed to contact BT other than to renew my package which is coming to an end and about which contact has been by email. As has all previous contract matters.

Text is coming from number claiming to be 07800 003951 .

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 122

Hi @alananne, you can report the call to our security team on this link and it will help BT fight the fraudsters.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 122

Hi,

Earlier today I received a call on my landline with an automated message advising that 'BT' has identify suspicious activities via  my IP address and my telephone line. That an technical adviser from customer services is waiting to speak to me.

Hearing this I hung up the call.

The number was 0039659245954.

When I called back the number, as suspected the number is not recognise!

Just thought I bring this to your attention so people are aware.

Kind regards,

Yvie50

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 122

Amazon Prime scam still ongoing.  Received a call today - spoofed number - poor quality pre-recorded message, full of inaccuracies (renewal date, amount, payment account, etc) so obviously not genuine.  Reported via the official link.

Message 15 of 122

Netflix scam.  Received today from a gobbledygook email address:

We weren't able to complete your last payment for your netflix subscription, there was an error with the active payment method.

Please go to your subscription's payment methods to change the active payment method.

We are here to help if you need it. Visit the help center for more info or contact us.

-Your friend at netflix

Reported but please be aware.

RIC9380

Message 16 of 122

I had a very similar call today.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 122

While reading this thread the phone rang, Amazon Prime scam.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 122

Hi, I have received several calls with a recorded message claiming to be from BT and suggesting there has been suspicious activity on my internet and therefore the phone line and broadband will be disconnected. I assume it’s a scam? Thanks

Message 19 of 122

Had a call from “Bt technical department, how are you today”.

Number was 07791 prefix: Orange??

Put the phone down.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 122

Nearly fell for this one. Looked authentic until i looked at IP address.../

Dear BT Customer, Congratulations!

BT is holding an anniversary celebration for next 7 days (July.26 -> August.2) to thank your loyalty for using us as Internet Provider.

We will select 10 lucky users everyday to win an exclusive gift from us, including free Apple iPhone 11 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S10, Apple Watch for choosing us. And Your IP address  has been selected.

You have to simply answer our anonymous survey below to win your prize. Hurry up! 8 users have received this invitation and there are only 2 prizes to win.

Congratulations you've been selected as a winner.... Dear BT User, We are celebrating our anniversary, you've been selected as a winner for today's free Prize!

You need to simply answer our anonymous survey to claim it!

0 Ratings