cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 122

Re: https://www.bt.com/consumer/edw/scams/ still not working

I use 4 different browsers on a windows 10 and macbook air system.
All with the latests updates, it appears to me to be a CSS problem.
0 Ratings
Message 82 of 122

Re: Scams: Information about scams currently circulating

Hi, I found a new phishing email in my junk folder today which I forwarded to phishing@bt.com.

Details as follows (links in my posting are dummies):

From: Mail Support btinternet.com <admin@floridacraftart.org>

Subject: ⚠️WARNING:- You have (12) Messages Pending >> myemailaddress@btinternet.com

Date: 22 November 2021 at 09:05:15 GMT

To: myemailaddress@btinternet.com

Attention btinternet.com

Your account myemailaddress@btinternet.com has (10) incoming messages pending

btinternet.com

Release pending mails

Note: This important message sent to you based on the terms of service agreement btinternet.com. accepted, carried out in purpose to provide a more active platform for your domain service, do not ignore notification to avoid system timeout or service collision, administrator robot may be forced to sign you out of service.

btinternet.com © 2021 webmail security

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 122

Just received a call from an Indian caller telling me they were from BT and that they could see that my broadband has gone 'public' and they need to fix it to stop people using it.  Smells like a scam but they managed to send me a PIN?  

Just feels dodgy but has anyone else had experience of this type of call?

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 84 of 122

@synchromeshwrote:

Just received a call from an Indian caller telling me they were from BT and that they could see that my broadband has gone 'public' and they need to fix it to stop people using it.  Smells like a scam but they managed to send me a PIN?  

Just feels dodgy but has anyone else had experience of this type of call?

Regards

If it feels dodgy, sounds dodgy, smells dodgy, bin it. 

You could always ask he/she to provide your name and BT account number. If this isn't forthcoming, ask that the weather is like in Bangalore!

By the way, BT no longer have customer services located in India although that isn't to say we have no Indians working over here (and welcome they are too).

Message 85 of 122

Yes, they are able to send the PIN. Basically it means they have gotten hold of your phone number and email address used for your BT account in someway and they are trying to gain entry to your account.

I had this a while back and ended up changing the email address on my BT account to stop it as they just kept trying.

Message 86 of 122

Neither BT or Openreach will ever call you out of the blue telling you that you have a problem with your broadband. If you get such a call it is a scam.

The only time BT will send you a PIN is during a phone call or series of phone calls that you have instigated. This is to verify to BT that they are speaking to the genuine account holder.  If you did not call BT or were expecting a return phone call about a specific problem/enquiry that you instigated, it is not a genuine BT call.

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 122

@syoung76 wrote:

Yes, they are able to send the PIN. Basically it means they have gotten hold of your phone number and email address used for your BT account in someway and they are trying to gain entry to your account.

I had this a while back and ended up changing the email address on my BT account to stop it as they just kept trying.

Your email address and phone number are undoubtedly all over the Internet unless of course you have never given them out to any online site or high street retail shop that "will send you a receipt" after your purchase.

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 122

BT are currently running a scam where they send you a text you do not want with the instruction ' Text STOP to [number}' to stop receiving these texts. When you do text STOP that does not stop the texts and also adds 20 pence to your bill EACH TIME ! This practice by BT is unacceptable, also after 30 minutes searching the BT website, no way is provided to complain to BT about this, except maybe phone them which I assume, given current practices they will charge for.

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 122

Stephen I have no idea what the text is or even if it is BT but there is a complaint page which explains the options.  There is a free number and an email method (for which you have to be registered).  Have you tried that process?  https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/complaints/make-complaint 

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 122

@stephenrideI very much doubt this is coming from BT it just looks like it.

0 Ratings