cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 122

Re: Scams: Information about scams currently circulating

I have had a lot of calls from people saying they have had a missed call from my number. Where can I report this?  I can only see where to report if I receive a scam call.  I am really concerned that my phone number is being used like this. Can anyone advise? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 122

It may be the case that your phone number is being "spoofed" by scammers so that their scam calls appear to come from a genuine number.

If that is the case there is little if anything that you can do about it other than change your phone number.

See links about "spoofed" phone numbers

Number spoofing scams - Ofcom

Caller ID spoofing - Wikipedia

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 122

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 94 of 122

I'm getting quite a few number withheld scam calls, usually the line goes dead. I thought BT were putting in a new system, to stop this nonsense.? If they have, it's useless !!

0 Ratings
Message 95 of 122

great info i like reading in. i have a truecall call blocker its great.

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 122

Unfortunately emails Ive sent to abuse@bt.com or pishing@bt.com bounce with a message of "the email provider of the person you were t...

It's fortunate that Mr abuse and Mr pishing have well developed anti spam  measures in place

0 Ratings
Message 97 of 122

21-05-22 Received a suspicious email.  It looks as though it is from BT and even gives the correct BT number 0800 800 150 to call and lots of links to privacy policy and terms and conditions and so on.  The message says the DD payment is no longer active and gives a link to click to set up a new direct debit.  On checking the 4 last digits of the account number that they quote, it is not my account number, also my DD has not stopped working and I have double checked via phone with BT.   In addition to the link to set up a new DD it also gives a number to call from a Vodafone!  The sender appears as @recoverydirect.com.  

0 Ratings
Message 98 of 122

i do not think its bt. if you get calls get a trecall blocker.

0 Ratings
Message 99 of 122

its a truecall blocker.

0 Ratings
Message 100 of 122

Just had a TV licensing scam email.

Headed: "Remember, if you don`t keep up with your payments, we may be forced to cancel your license or pass your details to a debt collection agency."

It then goes on: "We are sorry to let you know that the TV License could not be automatically renewed. Something's gone wrong with your payments. As we couldn't take the latest payment from your bank account, this amount will also need to be paid when you set up your new Direct Debit".

Then a link to a site to set up a new direct debit. It is a quite believable looking email without the usual poor grammar and spelling mistakes.

The give-away is the sending email address (mue.biglobe.ne.jp).

0 Ratings