cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 122

Re: Scams: Information about scams currently circulating

@grahamm1wrote:

Just had a TV licensing scam email.

Then a link to a site to set up a new direct debit. It is a quite believable looking email without the usual poor grammar and spelling mistakes.

The give-away is the sending email address (mue.biglobe.ne.jp).

Except for one spelling mistake near the bottom of the post.

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 122

you need a truecall blocker. its great.

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 122

@foxtrot3211wrote:

you need a truecall blocker. its great.

How is that going to work with emails.

0 Ratings
Message 104 of 122

sorry  no  just telephone calls.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 122

Scam Tax Refund email claiming to be from HMRC slipping through BT's spam filters

Just to warn everyone out there that BT's spam filters are failing to detect and block the latest scam email claiming to be from HMRC regarding a tax refund.

The email subject is (and poor grammar for a start!): Reminder your refund

and is from (apparently) noreply @ taxiservice.co.uk (note: I've added spaces either side of the '@' so it's not clickable)

Didn't know HMRC had started offering taxi services! 😂

Anyway, I've blocked and reported the one that got through to my inbox today, so hopefully BT's spam filters might learn to recognise and block any similar ones being sent!

0 Ratings
Message 106 of 122

Re: Scam Tax Refund email claiming to be from HMRC slipping through BT's spam filters

Please delete the clickable email address

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 122

Re: Scam Tax Refund email claiming to be from HMRC slipping through BT's spam filters

Done

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 122

Scam 'failed delivery' email claiming to be from UPS slipping through BT's spam filters

Just to warn everyone out there that BT's spam filters are failing to detect and block the latest scam email claiming to be from UPS regarding a failed delivery.

The email subject is: Welcome

and is from a gmail address (so clearly not from UPS), with the following text:

"We were unable to deliver your parcel as there was no one present to sign for the delivery. We are here to inform you that we need an address confirmation to reconfirm the parcel shipping."

Anyway, I've blocked and reported the one that got through to my inbox today, so hopefully BT's spam filters might learn to recognise and block any similar ones being sent!

0 Ratings
Message 109 of 122

hi report them to the ico go to the website.

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 122

Re: Scam 'failed delivery' email claiming to be from UPS slipping through BT's spam filters

Report it to the NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre), by forwarding it to:  report@phishing.gov.uk

These guys can actually do something about it, other than just adding it to a spam filter.

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/phishing-scams/report-scam-email

0 Ratings