cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JOHNT1
Message 1 of 2

Stopping scam registered to deduct from my account

I received this text twice on my mobile “FreeMsg: Reminder. You are subscribed to MyContent for £4.50 every week from Nextgen Ltd until you text STOP to 64005. HELP? 02037403517“. I ignored it the first time as if it were spam, however it turns out I’m actually being charged £4:50 per week. I phoned the telephone number but it was just a message service and they wanted more of my details!! NO WAY!! I phoned BT but they advised they could not stop it as it was a subsctiption service I had signed up to.  I had not and do not recognise this firm.  What service are they offering?  How could they do it?  How did they get my permission?  I  just want this to stop and not happen again.  Any help on how to do this without texting back that number or being conned with this scam again?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Stopping scam registered to deduct from my account

Are you a BT Mobile customer?

If you are, then you can block premium content on your mobile, via MyBT.

If you search Google for 02037403517, you will see its a scam that affects lots of different mobile providers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings