Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 6

Topics for Community Newsletter 28

Can I suggest that the next Community Newsletter has a Topic on

1. The Yahoo Hack and how it affects BT Yahoo account holders

2. The recent changes to BT Yahoo Account Management which has taken place with no formal notification to account holders.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Topics for Community Newsletter 28

Thanks for the feedback @vofsanity2. I'll pass it up the chain of command.

Cheers

David

Jim3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

What about a topic about online security for PCs & Tablets

VPNs +ves & -ves

Addons e.g noscript etc

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 6

Hi @vofsanity2,

>>  As the Yahoo hack came to light back in December last year there is nothing further to add.  At that time we advised all customers to change their password if they hadn't done so since August 2013.  We don't believe that any of our customers are at further risk.  If anyone is concerned about their account being compromised then please read the information contained here, BT Yahoo Mail compromised accounts

>>Good shout, I have included a paragraph highlighting these changes and linking to more information

Hi @Jim3,

Thanks for your suggestion as well.  I haven't included anything about online security in this months newsletter but this is something that I could consider in the future if members thought it useful.  What type of content would you like to see included?

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

SeanD wrote:

Hi @vofsanity2,

>>  As the Yahoo hack came to light back in December last year there is nothing further to add.  At that time we advised all customers to change their password if they hadn't done so since August 2013.  We don't believe that any of our customers are at further risk.  If anyone is concerned about their account being compromised then please read the information contained here, BT Yahoo Mail compromised accounts

Cheers

Sean

SeanD 

Yahoo has been confirming to customers that their accounts have been compromised.
BT have not confirmed whether any BT Yahoo customers have had their accounts compromised.
The ICO has not confirmed that BT have informed them of the hack and what  BT are doing about it.
Gavin Patterson has been quoted as saying "When it comes to our (consumer and business) customers, let me be absolutely clear, our service must get better," he said.
There is a lot BT has further to add.  I am disappointed.
The compromised account advice is pathetic and patronising.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

In view of BBC News Item 15/03/2017 that Russian Hackers were responsible for the Yahoo Hack, BT should make a clear statement on the hacking. 

0 Ratings