Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 6

Uploading images

As a BTCare forum member, you have access to an image gallery where you can choose to keep images private or public. You can add these images onto a post.

How easy is it to upload an image? Pretty easy!

You can upload an image from your device directly onto your image gallery by doing the following:

Go to your profile page;

Click on “View images for [Your username]”

Click on the “Choose file” button

Select your image

Click on “Open”

Click on “Save to Gallery”

If the image isn’t too big, the upload will be successful. You can then make the image private (so no one else can see it) by clicking on it, and selecting the “Make image private” option from the “Image Options” dropdown.

How do you add an image to your post?

Again, it’s pretty straightforward!

When you’re writing a post in Rich Text, you can click on the “Image” icon, pictured below:

Upload images 1.png

You will then be asked to select an image from your computer (this option will add the image to your gallery as well), from your image gallery, or from another side by using an image URL.

Once the image is successfully added, you can then continue with your post.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
5progface
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Uploading images

Nice one, but it does not work for me, all my images are tagged as too big. I have been attempting to insert a photo of the old BT wall socket in my property. I did manage to upload an avatar.

I have tried to insert a picture from my computer but the message only accepts pics from Gallery.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

If the images are too big you will need to re-size them with your photo editing software before re-trying to upload them.

0 Ratings
5progface
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Thanks gg. I am aware of resizing but thought it was for avatars. Not for attaching pics in a post. I was attempting to attach a pic of my BT wall socket.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 6

Hi 5progface,

Welcome to the forum.  Sorry about the problems you are having Smiley Embarassed

GG is correct you, will need to re-size your images before posting.  What I usually do is reduce the size of the image using  'Paint' and that will usually do the trick.  If you upload the image to your gallery first it will tell you there and then if the image is of an acceptable size.  If memory serves me correct the largest image file can only be 333 KB.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
5progface
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Sean,

all done.

0 Ratings