cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

You’ve won an iPhone 12 Pro

Go to solution

Hi

Has anyone else received a private message from “Bears” stating that you’ve won an iPhone 12 Pro?  Grammar of the message is terrible.  Obviously some sort of scam.  How do these people manage to get my username?  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: You’ve won an iPhone 12 Pro

Go to solution

Yes I had the same message.  Just deleted it given I assume its against forum rules to advertise or sell products; thus is a scam.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Me too, message from 'Spikes' - just deleted.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

My only concern is has there been a data breach that allows the scammers to get our user names and email addresses. Maybe a moderator could answr this question.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Afternoon guys,

I am sorry that you received those messages.  We were the victim of a spam attack this morning I'm afraid.  Rest assured, the appropriate action has been taken.  Thanks for everyone who highlighted this to me earlier, I really appreciate the time you have taken to do that.

@BAFlyer Don't worry, there wasn't a data breach.  The accounts in question can see your Community username.  This is publicly visible for anyone who visits the Community even if they aren't a member.  Your personal info such as your email address can not be seen.

Thanks again guys,

Cheers,

Robbie

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you Robbie for your confirmation that our data is secure.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I've received the same message but from 'Pistachios" 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @LizzieB29,

Thanks for posting. There were a number of user IDs involved but it's all sorted.

Cheers

David