Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 4

@mentions

Did you know you can mention a fellow forum member in your post, and they’ll receive an email letting them know they’ve been named in your post?

This is a handy way of posting a reply to someone and making sure they don’t miss it. Just remember it only works when you’re using the Rich Text tab!

How does it work? All you need to do is simply type their username, preceded by the @ symbol.

Step 1:

Type your message and put the “at” symbol in front of the username.

Step 2:

Type the username in full – a drop-down will appear asking you to click on the correct username:

@mentions 1.png

Step 3:

Once you’ve clicked on the username, it will turn blue with a grey background, and look like this:

@mentions 2.png

@mention notifications

You can also decide how often you want to receive an email notification when someone @mentions you. To customise this, all you need to do is:

Click on “My Settings”:

@mentions 3.png

Click on the “Subscriptions & Bookmarks” tab:

@mentions 4.png

Go to “Notification Settings”:

@mentions 5.png

And in the “Email Notifications” section, select from the dropdown for forum when you want to be notified (on all posts, or only for the first post in each topic).

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: @mentions

Stephanie, when I have gone into my settings it was automatically set to notify. Have you automatically opted evryone in by default?

Stew
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 4

Hi Stew,

The @mentions notifications are automatically set to notify “immediately” by default, and this goes for all other subscriptions as well (e.g. if you choose to subscribe to a thread or board).

But if you don’t want it/like it, you can change the frequency to daily, weekly, or to none at all via the drop-down:

@mentions 6.png

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 4

Ok, thanks. I dont want it so set all mine to "Never".
I would have liked the opportunity to "opt in" rather than have to "opt out"!

Stew

0 Ratings