Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Accessing WiFi hotspots never works I always get a Limited access error!

Every time I try to actually use the Wifi hotspots, I get an error and limited access issue.

I have a strong signal to the BTFON and Openzone SSID's but I only ever receive either no IP or an IP and but with no Internet connection!

Is this a common error and how do I fix this??   I am contemplating leaving the BTFON service as it useless so far...

Any help gladly received!

Aspiring Expert

Re: Accessing WiFi hotspots never works I always get a Limited access error!

Ye seemingly a know issue with the HH2, update coming out in April, so i've been told.

Raid

I had plenty of bt wifi hotspots but for some reason I was too getting limited access.

The solution was a about odd but makes sense. Go to your network connections and your wifi card. Go to properties>networking and deselect Internet protocol version 6. It should no work. This is basically the next set of numbers for the Internet and hasn't come into use yet, its possible the two are interfering with each other to find the right numbers for the bt login. Version 4 is fine and will be for a few years and it won't affect your experience.

Currently all the numbers like telephone numbers have run out and we are releasing old ones to give to new sites etc. v6 solves that but is the issue here as something is not setup right with bt currently.
Distinguished Sage

this thread is over 2 years old!!!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Still an issue though, ive moved to somewhere where i cannot subscribe to broadband (im renting) and BT Wifi looked like a good option, apprently not, i havent been able to connect to BT Wifi on my laptop once in four days and my ipad keeps getting booted off it even when using the damned thing.

What ever the issue is with BT Wifi and FON its still present two years on... :smileyindifferent:

(using my mobiles rather slow internet tethered to my laptop to post this since its the only net access i can get.)

Distinguished Sage

sorry I disagree - I have no problem connecting to BTWIFI when out and about by mine is part of my broadband package and not bought as a one-off like you - don't know if that makes a difference - it shouldn't

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.