Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BT Openzone can't login (No Vodafone Option)

Well the thing is when I try to connect to my nearby BT Openzone there is no option to log in with vodafone,I was told it should look like this image:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2875i9292E74944B27E21/image-size/original?v...

However it does not and instead looks like this:

http://imgur.com/RKwmP

I have been told that this is due to the router firmware not being updated and that's about all the information I can find,would it be possible to "request" a router firmware update for a certain location as due to the complicated reasons I kind of need internet via my Openzone access which is included in my plan(Proof: http://imgur.com/by7kI and yes I'm aware it's a pretty sweet deal)

PS:It's with BTWifi and BT Openzone and i Know Openzone-H is private anyway

Distinguished Sage

Re: BT Openzone can't login (No Vodafone Option)

Its unlikely to be a router issue, the application you are using only works with BT wifi or BT FON. You may have to login manually, or download an app from Vodaphone, so you get the correct login screen.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

[ Edited ]

I have tried that multiple times(Again just now) and it still comes up with the same login screen(BTWifi gives me the same as OpenZone which gives me the same as OpenZone-H and BTWifi-With-Fon) for every single possible network.

Also thank you for the prompt reply,I've been trying for a while to sort this out and this seemed the best place.

PS:

Vodafone's instructions say this on the topic:

• Open your phone’s browser when you’re in a place with Wi-Fi access.
• Select BT Openzone if you see it in the list of hotspots.
• Choose the Vodafone logo.
• Login using your My account username and password.

Now the 3rd and 4th options I can't do,as there is no vodafone logo.

Distinguished Sage

Have you tried asking on the Vodaphone forums, as this is a bit off topic for this BT Broadband forum?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Distinguished Sage

You could try BT Openzone helpdesk  on 0800 022 3322

I tried here first however I shall try the vodafone forums,it just seemed that here was more relevant as the only information I could find is that it wouldn't show that screen only if the router was outdated.

Distinguished Sage

My guess is that you are not connecting to a commercial BTOpenzone hotspot, and only one that is coming from a BT Home Hub.

Its possible that BT FON and BT wifi hotspots are not included in your package. It only says BT Openzone WiFi, that usually means at locations like airports and railway stations.

Have you tried on a wireless enabled laptop, to see if there is an option for other service providers?

It could simply be a standard roaming agreement, and that does not normally include the BT Home hubs.

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

Found this on the Vodaphone forums

I found the following FAQ on the Vodafone website: "Can I use my iPhone Wi-Fi allowance at any BT Wi-Fi hotspot? No, you can only use the included service in BT Openzone premium Wi-Fi hotspots. This does not include BT Business or BT FON hotspots, which may either refuse access or charge for it"

So you can only use the BT Openzone premium Wi-Fi hotspots.

The thread is here http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Apple/Bt-Openzone/td-p/328110