Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Expert

BTFON app for Windows Phone 7

Looks like there isn't one. Will there ever be one?

Mark

Guru

Re: BTFON app for Windows Phone 7

You can still log on easy enough without it via the windows platform on the phone.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Aspiring Expert

Not sure I'd agree with easy enough!

You still have to enter username/pword every time.

I can't explain it, but I've done this logon literally countless times and it rarely seems to work first time..

You select BT Total Broadband. You painstakingly enter the details... and 2 out of 3 times you get the logon screen thrown back at you.

I know the tricks - make sure auto-Capitalisation is turned off etc, but however carefull I am, it always a PITA. And that previous experience on a laptop without the added snags of mobile phone keyboards.

The BTFON app is not without it's drawbacks, but at least you only have to logon correctly once ever!

But that's slightly beside the point. What I was after was an official reply from a Mod as to the whether a WP7 BTFON is planned or not.

They could be waiting for the release of mango of course. But it would be good to know.

Mark
Guru

If its any consolation, I have the Fon app on a Desire and have tried several times today to log into Fon with no success. That's both with the app., and manually. Always says user id or password might be incorrect, which of course is wrong.
This is my third smartphone in 3 and a half years, and not one of them has managed it yet :-(
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Aspiring Expert

Would a mod care to comment on this question?

Hi Peter

Raised this today and have been advised that at present there are no plans for an App for Windows 7 Smartphone users.

Thanks

Stuart

StuartH | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

**bleep**.

Beginner

Well I guess that answers my question then, thanks a million BT

Expert

[ Edited ]
Windows 7 Mobile appears to be a pretty decent OS (and this is from a Mac boy) and the mobile/tablet parts of Windows 8 look pretty good too (The PC but still looks awful, mind) so I would imagine that an official BT Fon app will appear once the platform becomes more popular (at the expense of Android, obviously, and not iOS ;-))
Aspiring Expert

StuartH wrote:

Hi Peter

Raised this today and have been advised that at present there are no plans for an App for Windows 7 Smartphone users.

Thanks

Stuart

Is there any progress on this issue?