Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BTWIFI-with-FON no internet connection!!!

Hello. When i try to connect to BT its say "no internet connection" and won't even bring up the homepage where you put in your username and password.

I bought bt-wifi for month, first 2 days it was okey, then it isn't worked for 2 days and showed no internet connection, at the day 3 it worked some 5 hours and again not working second day.
I search for some issue, but nothing found to fix my problem..

Sorry for bad english. Smiley Sad
Guru

Re: BTWIFI-with-FON no internet connection!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is it just the one wifi hotspot that you are having problems with? There may well be a problem with the hot spot route.

Try to get a connection using a different location.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.

Same BTWiFi connection problem with me.

I purchased 1 month access, but connection with BTWiFi(London, Ilford IG3) is terrible.

I am trying all possible BT WiFi networks (screenshot is attached BTWiFi Network services), but rarely connection happens from the first 5 attempts.

Either it is no connection - timeout or after few min. I am getting message: «WiFi has the self-assigned IP address 169.х.х.х and will not be able to connect to the internet.»

Mac OS X 10.8.5 | iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

If I am lucky and get connected, service disconnects pretty soon – 15 min., 45 min.

Any tips, suggestions?

Cheers, Egils

Hello,

Same BTWiFi connection problem with me.

I purchased BT 1 month access, but connection (London, Ilford IG3) is terrible.

I am trying all possible BT WiFi networks (screenshot is attached), BT WiFi Network but rarely connection happens from the first 5 attempts.

Either it is no connection - timeout or after few min. I am getting message: «WiFi has the self-assigned IP address 169.х.х.х and will not be able to connect to the internet.»

Mac OS X 10.8.5 | iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

Delete any saved BT Wifi, Wifi with FON, etc connections.

Then rescan for the strongest one, and you may be lucky.

Some wireless management software gets confused when there are a number of connections saved, with the same SSID, even though the BSSID (MAC Address) is different.

This is a particular problem with some Android devices.

You could try some manual settings, typically.

IP address 10.188.245.2

Gateway 10.188.245.1

DNS 192.168.22.22 and 192.168.22.23

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Thanks! Deleting saved connections possibly helped. Time will show.

Manual settings were not working…

Cheers, Egils via BTWiFi-with-FON

Distinguished Sage

Its basically an issue with some wifi management software, and not a BT wifi issue. It gets confused when presented with multiple connections with the same name.

Its best to keep deleting any saved connections, each time you start a new session.

Manual settings were only an example, as the IP address may have already been assigned to a different user. You can always try higher IP addresses if you are really stuck.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

KE

Every time I try to connect to the network it brings up the message 'unable to join the network "BTWiFI-with-FON" ' and I've been able to connect before
Distinguished Sage

is this connecting to your own BTWIFI or another person's BTWIFI when out and about?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.