Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BTWIFI-with-FON no internet connection!!!

Hello. When i try to connect to BT its say "no internet connection" and won't even bring up the homepage where you put in your username and password.

I bought bt-wifi for month, first 2 days it was okey, then it isn't worked for 2 days and showed no internet connection, at the day 3 it worked some 5 hours and again not working second day.
I search for some issue, but nothing found to fix my problem..

Sorry for bad english. :smileysad:
Guru

Re: BTWIFI-with-FON no internet connection!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Is it just the one wifi hotspot that you are having problems with? There may well be a problem with the hot spot route.

Try to get a connection using a different location.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.

Same BTWiFi connection problem with me.

I purchased 1 month access, but connection with BTWiFi(London, Ilford IG3) is terrible.

I am trying all possible BT WiFi networks (screenshot is attached BTWiFi Network services), but rarely connection happens from the first 5 attempts.

Either it is no connection - timeout or after few min. I am getting message: «WiFi has the self-assigned IP address 169.х.х.х and will not be able to connect to the internet.»

Mac OS X 10.8.5 | iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

If I am lucky and get connected, service disconnects pretty soon – 15 min., 45 min.

Any tips, suggestions?

Cheers, Egils

Hello,

Same BTWiFi connection problem with me.

I purchased BT 1 month access, but connection (London, Ilford IG3) is terrible.

I am trying all possible BT WiFi networks (screenshot is attached), BT WiFi Network but rarely connection happens from the first 5 attempts.

Either it is no connection - timeout or after few min. I am getting message: «WiFi has the self-assigned IP address 169.х.х.х and will not be able to connect to the internet.»

Mac OS X 10.8.5 | iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

Delete any saved BT Wifi, Wifi with FON, etc connections.

Then rescan for the strongest one, and you may be lucky.

Some wireless management software gets confused when there are a number of connections saved, with the same SSID, even though the BSSID (MAC Address) is different.

This is a particular problem with some Android devices.

You could try some manual settings, typically.

IP address 10.188.245.2

Gateway 10.188.245.1

DNS 192.168.22.22 and 192.168.22.23

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Thanks! Deleting saved connections possibly helped. Time will show.

Manual settings were not working…

Cheers, Egils via BTWiFi-with-FON

Distinguished Sage

Its basically an issue with some wifi management software, and not a BT wifi issue. It gets confused when presented with multiple connections with the same name.

Its best to keep deleting any saved connections, each time you start a new session.

Manual settings were only an example, as the IP address may have already been assigned to a different user. You can always try higher IP addresses if you are really stuck.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

KE

Every time I try to connect to the network it brings up the message 'unable to join the network "BTWiFI-with-FON" ' and I've been able to connect before
Distinguished Sage

is this connecting to your own BTWIFI or another person's BTWIFI when out and about?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.