Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do I start using BT Openzone and BT. FON ?

[ Edited ]

Hi there all,

I have a BT Internet email address and BT home broadband.

Can someone please let me know how I can register for BT Openzone and BT. FON so I can start using the service on my mobile phone when I am out and about ?

Thank you for any help and advise.

Distinguished Sage

Re: How do I start using BT Openzone and BT. FON ?

Look here http://www.btfon.com/

Depending on your phone, there may be an application for it, which automates the process of logging into a hotspot.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Contributor

Thank you Keith,

Can you please let me know how to register for BT Openzone ?

Distinguished Sage

Its the same thing, when you register for FON, you get Openzone as well.
Openzone was around a long time before FON was added.
There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Contributor

Thank you again Keith, much appreciated.

I have tried to register and used my BT Internet email address, but it comes back with 'not primary email', does it have to be the account holders email address, that is my Husband.

I am trying to register for myself, whereas he only uses the internet at home.

Thank you again for any help.

Distinguished Sage

need to be main account holder email and password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

Yes, it has to be the primary account. You will need the primary account e-mail and password to register, and also to log on to any hotspot.

Contributor

I take it that would mean I would need to use my Husbands email address and password to log on to all hotspots.

Would there be any way I could use my email address and password after he has registered ?

Its going to be a bit of a nuisance having to use his password and he may not be too willing to give it to me.  I dont tell him my personal email password.

Distinguished Sage

Yes you would have to use his details.

It may be that he uses a sub account for e-mail, as its not really a good idea to use the primary account, as it cannot easily be changed, should it get too much spam mail.

If you have a mobile phone which has a BT FON application for it, then he can enter the details for you, and the password would be hidden.

He would still have to do the initial registration.