Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

bt wifi app

Hi down loaded the bt wifi app but every time i try to log in i get "Sorry, there has been a problem logging you in, we"ll try again next time you start the app." 

I have deleted and reinstalled the app many times all with the same responce. I can log in with the same email address and pass word via the web browser on my galaxy s2 but still the app won't work.

I have it set up on my wifes phone galaxy ace2 and it works ok 

Any idears

regards bob

Distinguished Sage

Re: bt wifi app

[ Edited ]

Can it make the connection using the app and just can't log on or does it not make the connection at all?

You could try the help line 0800 022 33 22

Distinguished Guru

As gg says the helpline is your best bet.

If they can't do it for you, my experience suggests you might have to grin and bear it for a while. Some time ago the then current version of the app failed on my phone, and it wouldn't connect via the app or manually as long as the app was installed. Once the app was uninstalled the phone would readily connect manually. When the app was eventually updated I installed it again and it's been no trouble ever since.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.

Right tried the bt help line ended up talking to technical who had no idea what the problem was.
But I found that by using @btconnect.com rarther than my normal btinternet.com to sign in It worked straight away
bob
Distinguished Guru

That's a business email address. Out of interest. did you have to sign in as a BT BB or Business customer?

Thank you, you just saved me a 5min wait to talk to someone , I'm connected with my app thank you 😀
Distinguished Guru

Sammie wrote:
Thank you, you just saved me a 5min wait to talk to someone , I'm connected with my app thank you 😀

Welcome to the forum. Same question - did you log in on the landing page under BT BB or Business? It might help in answering future queries.

Beginner

Just read your solution after days of trying and calls and it worked 1st time. Thank you.

Hey bgtune, thanks very much. I've had this problem since I changed my mobile 'phone, now resolved by using .btconnect.com instead of btinternet.com (which is my actual userid).

There are loads of people struggling with this on many forums across the web. Really very unimpressed with BT, and their so-called experts and their dreadful customer support systems and very impressed with you. Thanks again.

Thank you bgtune, it worked for me too.