cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFOREMAN
Beginner
Message 31 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call

We (the company I work for) are the TRUE owners of 0121 314 0004 one of the numbers that were spoofed in March 2012.

This has now happened to us again. I have filed a report with OFCOM and ACTIONFRAUD, whilst they were happy to take my report they said that they could nothing to help.

When people ring to complain I ask them to contact their provider to report the problem and the number in the hope that the providers will assist in tracing the origin of the calls and get the perpetrators shut down. Almost everybody I have spoken with have said they have called phone provider (in most cases BT) who will not assist and say it is up to us to stop the calls. The very point of the spoofing is that the calls are not originating through our telephone system at no point do they touch our system so it is impossible for us to trace the calls. The only people who can trace the calls are the service providers through whom the call are travelling.

Can one of the managers of this forum answer, how can I get BT to listen to me and assist?

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 38

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
JFOREMAN
Beginner
Message 33 of 38

I have done as you sugguest, thank you.

0 Ratings
JFOREMAN
Beginner
Message 34 of 38

I have not heard anything from BT since my email to them as you suggested on 20/02/13.

0 Ratings
brazenscroll
Contributor
Message 35 of 38

" Draeaming thinking of ways to make a fortune.....BING!!!!!! - Idea!!!"

Creates a bolt on to the phone which, upon receiving a PPI / silent / unwanted sales call, the unlucky receiver of the call can press a red button which sends a microplasma bolt down the phone line causing the rogue nuisance callers phone to explode into molten plastic!!! - End of nuisance calls.

"Goes back to sleep dreaming of the millions made......."

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 36 of 38

Hi JFOREMAN,

Did you receive an email reference when you submitted your details? If so, can you PM it to me?

If you no longer have it please re-submit the form, as I can't find an email from you.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
storeman
Beginner
Message 37 of 38

How will changing your phone number stop these calls?

It's not just your number that has been affected and any number you change to is just as likely to be affected as your existing number.

As far as contacting the police claiming harrasment, just what do you think the police will be able to do that BT Fraud department hasn't already done. It's not unreasonable to think that the fraud team is already in communication with law enforcement in the UK and abroad regarding this matter.

Yes you may have paid a lot of money to BT over the years but that money has been paid for the provision of services. The fact that you are receiving these nuisance calls merely proves that BT are providing the service that you are pating for. If however they had asked for extra payment to prevent these nuisance calls then you would have legitimate cause to complain about BT. And before anyone mentions the choose to ignore service (whatever it is called) well then you have requested an extra service for which they have a legitimate reason to charge a little extra.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 38

you ae posting on a year old post the OP has not been back since their last post
0 Ratings