cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Billesley
Beginner
9,324 Views
Message 1 of 38

0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call

Silent call at 2:56am. Grrrrr. Google search indicates the caller ID is spoofed.

Lots of complaints on http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01213140001/7

and on http://www.phonespamfilter.co.uk/search.php/01213140001?skip=1

 

==== The number belongs to :

We Solve IT Ltd - Network Infrastructure
Tel :  0121 314 0001
Fax :  01902 409554
Mobile :  07966 395832
Web :  www.wesolveit.co.uk
Address :  Dudley House, Millfields Road, Wolverhampton, WV4 6JE  

 

==== from their website

"Apology 6th March 2012-
We are aware that a number of people are complaining about our phone number calling them.

We are very sorry our number has called you.
Our phone company is looking into it.

Apparently our phone number has been hacked/spoofed and
our number is calling people at a rate of 1000 per hour.

It is not coming from us or our phone system but from somewhere in eastern Europe.

We are doing our best to get to the bottom of it, but as it’s largely out of our control.
We can only apologise again for the inconvenience it’s caused you and assure you it was not our doing.

Kind Regards
Steve Davies
Managing Director
We Solve IT Ltd "

 

 

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
ians63
Beginner
8,618 Views
Message 2 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call

02:26 this morning for me - can anything be done about this?

0 Ratings
w_e_s
Beginner
8,527 Views
Message 3 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call

these idiots phoned me a few days ago and last night phoned my grandparents in the early hours of this morning. they are now worried. where do these t**ts get our phone numbers from? I am extremely peed off.
0 Ratings
Gail14
Beginner
8,283 Views
Message 4 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call

These people phoned our number at 1.55 AM and again at 3.00 AM - We have elderly relative that finds it hard to sleep, it woke them twice and really upset them. I called the number today, to hear the message, however, they ask you to phone their MOBILES then message goes onto an AMERICAN ACCENT ASKING TO LEAVE A MESSAGE PRESS KEY - what would happen then, be diverted to a mega priced call we never wanted. All this and we have opted into the TP Services. Leave us alone. Someone please STOP THESE PAINS - Life's hard enough without these ******* .
0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
8,060 Views
Message 5 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call

Hi guys,

Thanks for taking time in posting about this.

We checked this issue with our Nuisance Calls Bureau and they have confirmed that the number in question belongs to a genuine company, but it was spoofed and as a result you’ve received silent calls that appear to come from that number. Some of the silent calls also appeared to come from the same number but with a different last digit (e.g. 4 instead of 1).

This issue wasn’t due to a BT error, but we've highlighted it to the Network Team who are working on it to get it fixed.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Stacie
Beginner
7,996 Views
Message 6 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call

I got a call too at 3:51am I appreciate it is not a BT fault but is this likely to happen again tonight? We have small children? It's a little worrying that their account has been spoofed and curious to know why my number was even involved - I have never had any dealings with this company
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
7,906 Views
Message 7 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call


@Gail14 wrote:
These people phoned our number at 1.55 AM and again at 3.00 AM - We have elderly relative that finds it hard to sleep, it woke them twice and really upset them. I called the number today, to hear the message, however, they ask you to phone their MOBILES then message goes onto an AMERICAN ACCENT ASKING TO LEAVE A MESSAGE PRESS KEY - what would happen then, be diverted to a mega priced call we never wanted. All this and we have opted into the TP Services. Leave us alone. Someone please STOP THESE PAINS - Life's hard enough without these ******* .

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

 

For info, the American announcement is their switchboard system information. Even if it did divert, there would be no extra incurred cost apart from calling the 0121 number to start with.

 

The TPS doesn't actually stop calls, though it's a legal system for UK companies. Any overseas companies are not covered by the TPS.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
7,904 Views
Message 8 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call


@Stacie wrote:
I got a call too at 3:51am I appreciate it is not a BT fault but is this likely to happen again tonight? We have small children? It's a little worrying that their account has been spoofed and curious to know why my number was even involved - I have never had any dealings with this company

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

 

The "spoofers" are clearly dialling at random, and hence any valid number would receive these calls. "This company" have nothing to do with the calls as they have indicated.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
7,900 Views
Message 9 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call


@w_e_s wrote:
these idiots phoned me a few days ago and last night phoned my grandparents in the early hours of this morning. they are now worried. where do these t**ts get our phone numbers from? I am extremely peed off.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

 

These "people" have got your numbers by just dialling at random. There is nothing more sinister than that.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
7,893 Views
Message 10 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call


@Tom_Billesley wrote:

Silent call at 2:56am. Grrrrr. Google search indicates the caller ID is spoofed.

Lots of complaints on http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01213140001/7

and on http://www.phonespamfilter.co.uk/search.php/01213140001?skip=1

 

==== The number belongs to :

We Solve IT Ltd - Network Infrastructure
Tel :  0121 314 0001
Fax :  01902 409554
Mobile :  07966 395832
Web :  www.wesolveit.co.uk

 


Hi. Welcome to the forums.

 

Spoofing of "real" numbers is actually quite rare, and other examples are not easy to come by. To me it could be one of a couple of scenarios. There is a "rival" to the company, and the spoofer is trying to cause damage. The company says the calls are from Eastern Europe - to be frank it's not clear why they would say this or assume it. There is no information otherwise to suggest this.

I initially did think that maybe a hacker has managed to get into their switch board and make calls using their systems - though this seems unlikely based on other details.